TripAdvisor

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Director Interview

IT Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, was contacted very soon by the hiring manager. Was asked for times available for phone screen, yet took a week for them to get back to me. Phone screens went well with a couple of people, and I was invited to fly to Newton for an in-person interview.

Had an all-day interview, and was told I'd hear back "in a couple of days." More than a week later, after several calls, got a call from the recruiter that the job had been filled but there was another opportunity they wanted to talk to me about.

Had a phone interview for that job 2 days later. Then absolute radio silence for 2 weeks. I called and emailed many times and got nothing back. Finally got a lame apology from the recruiter for not giving any response at all.

Not a good experience. No professionalism in communication with prospects, no follow-up, and must be aggressively contacted to get any response at all. Obviously, they have enough people and don't need to hire any more.

Interview Question – If you were a product manager, what 2 things would you change about TripAdvisor?   View Answer

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!