TripAdvisor Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

It was an online Skype/whiteboard coding interview. 1 hour which consisted of about 20 minutes of concept questions and the rest dedicated to coding. Overall it was an enjoyable call, the interviewer was very good at giving helpful clues to the problem when it was obvious that I was stuck.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers and the upper and lower bounds, sort them in LESS than O(nlog(n)) time.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

TripAdvisor visited my University for the Career Fair and at their booth, I was asked about how hashtables are implemented, its time complexities, about holistic hash functions. Later got a call for a 45 minute on-campus interview. The interviewer was very pleasant and supportive. Question was based on dynamic programming.

Interview Questions

• It was not the same ones discussed on Glassdoor. It was related to dynamic programming.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was offered a preliminary technical interview after meeting with recruiters at a career fair, which was difficult. I had a subsequent onsite interview with 3 managers and a director. The interviews were all technical and ranged greatly in difficulty, but tended to be somewhat tricky. I was told I would hear back with a decision within a week and then never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would implement the singleton design pattern   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Handed in my resume during my university career fair and got an email scheduling phone interview after. After that they gave me a coding problem, which I need to complete in 24 hours and email back to them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Basic stuff but easier than some other interviews   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at the career fair, who immediately asked me to describe a hash table. Received a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

phone interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

on campus: basic coding questions, pointers, data structures Phone interview: slightly more advanced questions, runtime analysis On site: 4 rounds of interviews, personality questions as well as programming, semi-difficult, doable with some time

Interview Questions

• output all the possible sets created by 4 items   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• The interviewed basically asked me a string of questions about linked lists versus array lists, modifying the situation and asking which one would perform better in each. At the end he cave me a question about finding a common parent in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TripAdvisor in March 2013.

Interview

i quickly sent my resume. One or two days later I got email with a coding test link to be finished in one week. It's two-question within one hour. about stack and array. I screwed it up and got rejected on next day. I guess it's because it was not the answer they expected to hear.

Interview Questions

• They have required time and space complexity, so you need to come up with the right one right away. cuz you only have 30 minutes for each question and the question description was quite long...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

quick question on career fair