TripAdvisor

Average Difficulty
230 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at TripAdvisor

Interview Details – Contacted by a recuriter agent. Then technical phone interview. Stopped at this round.

Interview Question – Nothing is unexpected   Answer Question

Spring Software Engineering Intern Interview

Spring Software Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor in November 2013.

Interview Details – After giving them my resume through a school Hackathon event, TripAdvisor emailed me to do a 1 hr technical interview. A few weeks later, I emailed them to check on the status of my application and they emailed me back to tell me they wouldn't be continuing with my application process.

Interview Question – Design an LRU cache   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview Details – Interview with HR and hiring manager over phone, 30 min each

Interview Question – Interviewer started the interview with what questions do you have for me?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TripAdvisor in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked to explain what it is and why someone would use a Hash Table, a Heap, and Red and Black Trees. Aside from that I was also asked to write a program that, given a number n, would run the 'collatz' equation till 1 and print each number on the way.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions per say. It was all about whether or not I remembered how each data structure worked, and if I was comfortable enough with each one to give real reasons for using it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at TripAdvisor

Interview Details – Attended the career fair in school and got an on-campus interview next day. Coming up with two questions, the first is to write a binary search and the second is about the lowest common ancestor.

Interview Question – Don't see any very difficult more. But I tumbled.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. linkedlists, trees   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview Details – on campus: basic coding questions, pointers, data structures
Phone interview: slightly more advanced questions, runtime analysis
On site: 4 rounds of interviews, personality questions as well as programming, semi-difficult, doable with some time

Interview Question – output all the possible sets created by 4 items   View Answer

Newton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor in December 2013.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview, then a phone screen, and finally an on site in Newton. The interview's were fairly basic and didn't focus on a particular area, so just make sure your basics are solid. For the on-site I was in an interview room while people came in and introduced themselves for a total of four interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly tricky, just don't embarrass yourself by messing up something basic like I did   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Newton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2013.

Interview Details – Originally met with a recruiter at a college career fair where I was asked why someone would want to use a linked list. I was offered an on campus interview where I had to reverse a linked list of characters, while keeping words in tact. I was invited to interview at their offices in Newton. I had two interviews there. Both questions involved recursion and linked lists. After the two interviews a head recruiter came in to let me know that they would not be offering me the position, but he spent about 15 minutes going through the interview process with me and talking about my strengths and weaknesses. Overall a very positive and helpful process.

Interview Question – Reversing a linked list of characters while keeping words in tact.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager

Interviewed at TripAdvisor

Interview Details – HR phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, onsite interview with 3 interviewers and skype interview with the director in Beijing

Interview Question – What do you think of fb?   Answer Question