TripAdvisor

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TripAdvisor in August 2012.

Interview Details – Total of 11 interviews till the final stage, unfortunately I was not the chosen one.
Too many interviews and poor communication between HR and interviewers.
In my case, it is the process which did not seem very good because of miscommunication between managers, HR department in UK / in the US and I.

Interview Question – No complicated questions about the job itself.   Answer Question

Account Executive Emea Interview

Account Executive Emea
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview Details – Involved 3 stage process including recruiting manager, internal team meeting and department head. The interview was very interesting and explanation of how business operated as eye opening. I didn't realise the dominance of ppc revenue for their business and the reliance on this over brand advertising.

Interview Question – How could brands engage with Tripadvisor and who would be the low hanging fruit you would approach if you got this job?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview Details – I have been interviewed on the phone by HR. Afterwards I received an invitation for a face to face one in the London office. I was then interviewed by the manager of the department and the HR advisor, who looked so young and unexperienced like she just graduated. None of them basically listened to anything else I said after my reply to their first question (do you mean by your statement that the workload is too much?). Although I meant something totally different from what the manager got and tried to make it clear, the manager shut completely his attention and later on I received the communication that they were not going to proceed with my application because according to the manager I could cope with the company pace. I wrote back to HR explaining again what I said during the interview and I could easily show with my numbers and with references inside my current company that what the manager got was so far from the truth. They didn't even take the time to reply to my email and just ignored it. It was in all my career the most unprofessional interview and it was extremely disappointing to see that such a growing company puts so less effort and skills in the recruiting process.

Interview Question – None. They rather asked for numbers and market share of the company I was currently working for.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at TripAdvisor in November 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview, first got a call from HR in the US. She was friendly and asked standard questions about what I know about the company and my background, The second phone interview was from a sales manager also in the US. He was fairly rude, asked the questions aggressively and kept interpreting my answers. He seems to lack basic interviewing skills and kept jumping from questions about me to questions about the company. He expect that you know everything about the company in details which is impossible unless you were given compensative information prior to the interview which didn't happen as all I was given was a link to their site!!!

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

SEM Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at TripAdvisor in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email saying that they decided to progress my application further and if I was still interested I would first have to do an Excel Exercise based on a simple example of one of their SEM Accounts. After that I was contacted in order to schedule a phone screen. This part for me was the most difficult in terms of questions, the person who called was very nice and gave me all the freedom to answer and take my time. After I was asked to go to their London Office and meet with two people and have lunch with two team members who were very nice. I really liked everyone, and the office building is amazing. I thought it went all extremely well. Finally I had video skype interviews with people back in the home office in the States. Again all extremely nice, I enjoyed the process and believed I did really well. Unfortunately by the end I was not offered the position, they wrote me an email thanking me for my interest in trip advisor, and saying the position was already filled. I was disappointed as I thought I overall did pretty well and the last interviewer even said she heard wonderful things about me from the others. Oh well, the process is tough and lengthy so be prepared, study the company, what they do and the job in itself. I would not mind to be considered for a position with them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for tripadvisor and why this role?   Answer Question
  • How many hotels are there in the World? How many ATMs are there in New York?   View Answer

SEM Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TripAdvisor in April 2009.

Interview Details – 8 Interviews, took over 2 months (about 1-2 weeks in between each phase)
#1 internal recruiter (phone)
#2 hiring manager (phone)
#3 peer, future colleague (phone)
#4/5 face to face, in office, both from different teams
#6/7 face to face, in office, with hiring manager and then managing director
#'8 final phone interview, Marketing Director

Interview Question – Analyst Excercise - full excel sheet with multiple questions to demonstrate SEM analytic skills   Answer Question

Search Engine Marketing Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TripAdvisor in March 2010.

Interview Details – Too extensive hiring process consisting of 6 phone interviews + 6 interviews at the company and guess what...the same questions asked again.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for TripAdvisor?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!

TripAdvisor Videos

TripAdvisor – Why Work for Us?

Exceptional career opportunities. Genuinely cool coworkers. Millions of people who love our sites. Find it all here at the world's largest travel site. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TripAdvisor interview questions and advice in London, England. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by TripAdvisor employees and interview candidates.