TripAdvisor Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Handed my resume to a recruiter at my school's career fair. Got an email asking me to come in for on-campus interview. Asked a bunch of questions about hash tables (implementation, running time). Also asked what you would do if a collision occurred. After 2 days, got an email saying they were not moving forward with me.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree with key, value pairs, write a function that duplicates the tree and changes the value at one of the keys.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and interface?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

This is actually the second round interview following up the on campus interview that I had about a month ago. It went quite well. The recruiter was a very nice guy and started the interview with some easy-going talking about my general experiences. Then I was asked two simple technical questions and I am not asked to write code but just talk about the algorithm. In the end I asked several questions and he told me there is going to be a onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 sum.   1 Answer
    • find if two linked lists join each others or not and if yes where is the intersection point.   1 Answer