TripAdvisor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Newton, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TripAdvisor in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews.

I was asked to detail the kinds of objects to build and what the database table would look like.

Interview Questions

• The 1st interview was with a high-level manager. I was given the requirements for a "source code management" system.

Answer Question
  • The 2nd interview was a coding exercise with the following premise: Given a destination page and a page with all the links embedded in it, write a function that determines if the destination is "reachable". You must protect against cyclical / infinite recursion.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at TripAdvisor in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first on campus interview is great.The interviewer is very nice .After a week, they assigned me a coding assignment and I finished in 24 hours.Then they scheduled me to an onsite interview at Boston. Nightmare began.I should realize that when I arrived at the office and find out my appointment time is 3 hours later than I was told by email.Then they just randomly grasped people from the office to interview me.The coding question is pretty easy and I finished them quickly.The interviewers are arrogant and make me feel bad.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at TripAdvisor

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!

TripAdvisor Videos

TripAdvisor – Why Work for Us?

Exceptional career opportunities. Genuinely cool coworkers. Millions of people who love our sites. Find it all here at the world's largest travel site. TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TripAdvisor Software Development Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TripAdvisor employees and interview candidates.