TripAdvisor

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TripAdvisor in April 2012.

Had 2 phone interviews.

I was asked to detail the kinds of objects to build and what the database table would look like.

Interview Questions
  • The 1st interview was with a high-level manager. I was given the requirements for a "source code management" system.

Answer Question
  • The 2nd interview was a coding exercise with the following premise: Given a destination page and a page with all the links embedded in it, write a function that determines if the destination is "reachable". You must protect against cyclical / infinite recursion.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TripAdvisor in March 2012.

The first on campus interview is great.The interviewer is very nice .After a week, they assigned me a coding assignment and I finished in 24 hours.Then they scheduled me to an onsite interview at Boston. Nightmare began.I should realize that when I arrived at the office and find out my appointment time is 3 hours later than I was told by email.Then they just randomly grasped people from the office to interview me.The coding question is pretty easy and I finished them quickly.The interviewers are arrogant and make me feel bad.

Interview Questions