TripAdvisor

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at TripAdvisor.

Met TripAdvisor at the campus job fair at UW Madison and after a couple of questions on complexity analysis of basic data structures, was asked to meet for an on-campus interview the next day. For the interview, I was asked questions based on divide-conquer recurrences and some more complexity analysis- nothing unexpected. I think my solution worked and even the interviewer thought so, but I got a message from the HR saying they had decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Not any, just basic recurrences and complexity analysis.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Applied in Career Fair. Got an interview scheduling request after 2 days. It was a 30 min interview comprising of a single technical question. Yet to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Find number of pairwise elements in an array with difference k.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

takes more than a month, unlimited phone interview, no any response more than 2 weeks. the online test is not hard but 40 mins is short for the long question describe .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2014.

first of all theny come to our university and then they give me a brief face to face interview and then they give me a online test. the test is not difficult but I failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

interviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2014.

Applied on campus career fair, got interview few days later on campus. The interviewer is very professional, asked some behavior questions and give a white broad test: find the common number in two linked lists, then return with a new linked list.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2014.

I got the interview through a career fair. The interviewer was extremely nice and friendly. The entire process was over Skype and took about one hour. I hadn't done a technical interview before, and this was a great first experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Write a method that counts the number of enabled bits in an Integer.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tufts University, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tufts University, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2014.

They got my resume at the job fair and asked if I wanted to interview. The process took a really, really long time as they probably were dealing with a lot of potential candidates. After the first interview, I was asked to do a coding challenge, which took about 4 hours. it wasn't that hard either though, but thinking about how to make it really efficient was kind of fun.

I'm actually still in the interview process (it's taking so long) so I marked that I didn't get an offer below

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly about my resume, but there was one coding question: Given a string like " hi there do you like programming? " remove all the extra spaces and return the string.

Homework question: Given a tsv (tab separated value) file with hotels and their deals, write a program that takes in user input (day of check in, check out, hotel name) and return the best deal.

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied at college career fair. Got asked several technical questions at the career fair. A few days later, a recruiter contacted me and set up a technical phone interview. I did not pass the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special. Just coding questions about basic computer science.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewers asked me to tell them something about the project experience in the resume and ask a few questions that they are interested in . And then ask a technical question: explain a HashTable. After that, they told me something about their company and said they will contact me if we can move to the next step.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TripAdvisor.

I interviewed for a new graduate full-time position for software engineering. We spoke about my resume (asked questions about my previous internship experience) for first 15mins and then the remainder of the interview was technical.

Interview Questions
    • -Difference between array and linked list
      -What type of data structure would you use to store a dictionary of words and what is the runtime
      -Code writing: write a function to reverse a linked list

Answer Question