TripAdvisor Software Engineering Internship Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2011.

I was referred by a friend who was working full time for the company. He sent in my resume and I had a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very simple, just covered a couple basic topics.

Got driven in the next week for on-site interviews. Went out to eat with the team I might work with, and during the day had about 6 one-on-one interviews with various technical leads. Questions were anything from brain teasers to real world coding problems (that, for example the engineer dealt with the week before), to asking about preferred work environment. The interviews weren't particularly difficult: they were more about getting through long medium-level problems than solving hard, short problems.

Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Wasn't expecting to work through a full, real world code example on a white board, so it was a bit of a pain to write out a full program, but it wasn't difficult persay.   View Answer