TripAdvisor Team Lead Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newton, MA
Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at TripAdvisor in March 2011.

I landed the interview through a recruiter. Had to complete an online tech test first, which was presented to me during the day and was told I needed to get it done as quickly as I could. I hurried through it during the course of my work day and submitted. Got word back from recruiter same day that they wanted to see me in person ASAP. After hurrying through the test, it took about a week for them to even suggest dates for on site interview. I was not given a schedule nor a contact name. When I arrived on site, there was no one at the front desk. I did as the sign suggested and called to two names listed, no answer. Someone finally came out and was able to assist me. I waited well past our agreed upon meeting time. HR rep met me and brought me to a meeting room where all interviews were to take place. Was advised that I would most likely interview with 4 people, but this was not given with certainty, names, or positions. 1st interview went well (at least I thought so). 2nd not so great. The person with whom I met was visibly disinterested in our discussion from the get-go. There was a run of tricky questions, one of which I know I didn't get correct. Then on to some hands-on troubleshooting. This is where things got even worse. I was asked to resolve a set of issues, conducting myself as if this was a live situation. At many points, I found the interviewer rolling eyes and sighing aloud, as I was explaining the situation, again, like I was dealing with a real end user. My approach was also interrupted numerous times wherein I was told not to do something, even though those actions would be, again, steps taken in a real-world situation. At this point it was unclear as to how I should proceed. What was clear is that the interviewer wanted me to do things a certain way, his way. After that, the interviewer basically shut down and ended the interview. HR rep came to see me out. Even if I had passed the "test," I would not have felt comfortable working in an environment that is so visibly discomforting.

Interview Questions

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!