TripAdvisor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Engineering Intern Interview

Web Engineering Intern
Newton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TripAdvisor in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by one of their recruiters who had gotten my resume via my school. We scheduled a phone interview. For my phone interview, I was asked some basic questions about data structures, then asked to write out code implementing an algorithm via an online text editor.

Two hours later, I got an email saying that the company would like to interview me on-site. They paid for me to go out there for the day, and I had three technical interviews, followed by meeting with the technical recruiter, who basically told me that although I have a great theoretical understanding of CS concepts, I didn't solve the problems quickly enough.

He did encourage me to apply again next year though, and I most definitely will. The experience was a lot of fun.

Interview Questions

• When would you use a linked list over an array or vice-versa?   View Answer
  • Given an array of numbers, how would you find the maximum contiguous subset?   Answer Question
  • Given a binary search tree, how would you check to see if it is valid?   Answer Question

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!