Triple Point Technology

Triple Point Technology Delivery Services Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Delivery Services Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Triple Point Technology in April 2011.

3 Tier Interview Process worked up the chain

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Triple Point Technology

Delivery Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Triple Point Technology in December 2010.

I worked with a headhunter that has dealt with Triple Point on several occasions, in a way this made things progress quite quickly. About 7 days after my credentials were submitted by the headhunter to the hiring manager, I was informed that they wanted to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a detailed explanation of my prior experience. There was also a verbal test administered to verify my understanding of several concepts related to energy trading and finance. The hiring manager told me at the time that he wanted me to come in to the office for an in-person interview the following week. The headhunter worked with the hiring manager to determine when this 2nd round would take place. I went in for a face-to-face interview about two weeks after the initial submission of my credentials. My first face-to-face was with the hiring manager, it was essentially just a "nice to see you in person" kind of interview to make sure I was who I said I was and that I knew how to talk to people in person. I then talked to two other senior consultants that were not managers and they talked to me about the role and answered any questions that I had. My final interview was with the VP over the hiring managers group. He asked me why I wanted to work for TPT and answered any final questions. The entire process for the second round took about 4 hours. I received notice of an offer through my headhunter and a formal offer from the HR manager that evening.

Interview Questions
    • How would you calculate the mark-to-market of a standard swap transaction?   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation that took place. The headhunter initially asked me what my salary range was. I later found out that the hiring manager was willing to pay more than my salary range. However, my headhunter said that they would not go above the range that I initially specified. The final offer was right in the middle of the range that I specified.