Triple Point Technology Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Fully technical questions, looked like fast phase development environment and overtime work.

Delivery Services Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Triple Point Technology in April 2011.

3 Tier Interview Process worked up the chain

Delivery Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triple Point Technology in December 2010.

I worked with a headhunter that has dealt with Triple Point on several occasions, in a way this made things progress quite quickly. About 7 days after my credentials were submitted by the headhunter to the hiring manager, I was informed that they wanted to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a detailed explanation of my prior experience. There was also a verbal test administered to verify my understanding of several concepts related to energy trading and finance. The hiring manager told me at the time that he wanted me to come in to the office for an in-person interview the following week. The headhunter worked with the hiring manager to determine when this 2nd round would take place. I went in for a face-to-face interview about two weeks after the initial submission of my credentials. My first face-to-face was with the hiring manager, it was essentially just a "nice to see you in person" kind of interview to make sure I was who I said I was and that I knew how to talk to people in person. I then talked to two other senior consultants that were not managers and they talked to me about the role and answered any questions that I had. My final interview was with the VP over the hiring managers group. He asked me why I wanted to work for TPT and answered any final questions. The entire process for the second round took about 4 hours. I received notice of an offer through my headhunter and a formal offer from the HR manager that evening.

Interview Questions
    • How would you calculate the mark-to-market of a standard swap transaction?   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation that took place. The headhunter initially asked me what my salary range was. I later found out that the hiring manager was willing to pay more than my salary range. However, my headhunter said that they would not go above the range that I initially specified. The final offer was right in the middle of the range that I specified.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Triple Point Technology in February 2011.

Great Team. Great Experience. Go on the Interview.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triple Point Technology in February 2012.

Hieing process simple, written test followed by 2-3 rounds of interview, focus is basically on the domain knowledge. Focused on technical as well as the functional knowledge. As a variety of work is done in the company so they ask on questions on both technical and functional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triple Point Technology in May 2010.

There was one phone interview regarding the O notation ( run time ) for different algorithms and data structures. two weeks after that was a face interview. In the face interview, the questions were about Java and C++ programming language mainly about interfaces, inheritance, abstraction, composition and also code on the white board. Sometimes in the syntax I got confused between Java and C++ while answering questions. I was not clear why syntax is such a big deal because an IDE would correct. However I was not allowed to use IDE ( example : eclipse. ). so brush up on syntax before the interview.
    The job function for the first few months was mainly fixing bugs and building the application using build tools.
    Believe me, there are lots of bugs and lots of releases for customers. Otherwise the job is pretty routine.

Interview Questions
    • Locking on HashTable. And also lock stripping; How to code for lock stripping.   View Answer
    I told them I had different offers and so they gave me a competing offer.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Be clear about the basics of your role. Know your existing project. Learn definitions (Technical and financial) though you would hardly be using them. Despite clearing all the rounds, you may have to wait for long for the offer to be released. Be ready for that.

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triple Point Technology in March 2011.

Three round process meeting sales executives, quizzed on previous success and subject matter expertise

Interview Questions
    Short , an offer , counter then accept.

Worked for Triple Point Technology? Contribute to the Community!