Tripp Lite Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Part Changer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tripp Lite (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and it was about one hour, I was tested on my soldering ability by the supervisor. After the interview I was notified, an offer was made and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How long did you work at the last company and what were your duties?   1 Answer

Engineering Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tripp Lite (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewing strategy had me shaking my head. Their website boasts that they are open and welcome to diversity, but I did not see or get this warm fuzzy feeling of acceptance when I initially walked in the door or during the entire interview process. However, I always try to give people and situations the benefit of the doubt and approached the interviewing process as positive as one could under the circumstances.

I was interviewed by five people separately for four hours including the human resource person - this makes six. I was surprised the custodian did not interview me.

The questions asked were mainly the same from person to person. At the end, the engineering director asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I was not sure if this was part of the interviewing process, but found this approach, awkward, unprofessional and it made me feel very uncomfortable.

To make matters worse, I did not receive a reply to my interview until way after they reposted the position. The message essentially stated I was not qualified, but the truth of the matter is that I was well qualified for the position.

My gut feelings as I walked through the door was that this company was not as welcoming and warm of an environment as they boast about on their website.

Even if an offer of employment had been extended to me, I would have turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company. In prior jobs what was your day to day activities, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tripp Lite.

Interview

The process went along nicely until the interview. The hiring manager appeared to be distracted and their methond of screening an applicant's skills/competency for the position was....pre-historic..... I'd be specific, but the people were very nice -- and it appeared that something might have been going on behind the scenes that day (who doesn't have a bad day?).

International Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tripp Lite (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received a request for a phone screen by email one hour later. The phone screen was very easy and not really engaging. The HR Generalist told me that she'd just started in her position three weeks prior. She did screen my Linkedin. Overall friendly. Not a difficult interview. Very basic questions. I received an email stating I was not selected to go further in the interview process about a week later.

Interview Questions

• None. All very basic "tell me about a time when" questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call for a phone interview (#1). The phone interview was pretty basic, typical interview questions. Couple days later, got a call for an in-person interview (#2). During this interview, I filled out pre-employment papers and took a hand-written test (basic math and English questions) before interviewing with the person that would be my supervisor. I was also given an assignment to complete (marketing project) that I would present at the next interview. A few days later, I was called for a 2nd in-person interview (#3). This was sort-of a laid-back interview with the same supervisor to discuss my project and answer additional questions. Total of 3 interviews, but it was worth it. Nice company to work for.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember a specific question, but they did ask a couple behavioral questions. Something like "Give me an example of a time when...." so just be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary and was given a "we will see what we can do." But I ended up taking the job before any serious negotiation took place.