Tripwire Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

3.5

Lead UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tripwire (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The in person interview was actually fun for me. I got to meet many of the people I ended up working with and got a feel for what skills are important.

Interview Questions

• The best interview question to date in my career. If I were to designer the Harry Potter magic map as a web application, what would be my approach?   1 Answer

Junior Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone screening by their recruiter and then was given an in person interview with a couple of the devs that I would be working for. Both the phone screening and the in person interview were relaxed and everyone I spoke too was nice.

My only complaint would be that the in person interview was in a coffee shop where the blender was blaring loudly making it difficult to hear the interviewers talking at some points.

Enterprise Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tripwire.

Interview

Solid, professional, on time for each meeting. Each interviewer was professional and asked task and situational questions. The online behavioral survey prior to interviews was odd but isn't used and your results aren't discussed.

Interview Questions

• How would you expand new territory sales   1 Answer

Negotiation

They exceeded my compensation request to on board me immediately

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview was high QA / networking questions.

In person was very technical from OS questions, networking, database
    Test automation framework and tools
    There were also team fit type of questions.

Negotiation

Negotiated for higher package

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and I was sent an email to go to the RoundPegg website in order to take a personality survey. I obviously did well because I receive a call from HR for a preliminary phone screen. About 10 technical questions were asked; ranging from port numbers, Active Directory-OU, how to tell what ports are listening, what does SCP stand for, in Linux, where are Log files stored. That went well so I was scheduled for an interview with the Team in Portland, OR. Received an email from the Team Lead and had a panel interview with 4 people. The team also asked a range of questions in order to verify the skill set listed on the Resume.

The range of questions asked were:

Commonly used Port numbers
    What command is used to see listening ports in Linux or AIX?
    How to remove directory in Linux?
    How to make a directory in Linux?
    How to remove a file in Linux?
    What is an OU in Active Directory?
    How to see a routing table in Linux?
    Where is the log file found in Linux?
    What statement on Oracle SQL is used to get all columns from a table?
    What are some of the flags shown in a network analyzer?
    Describe the TCP three-way handshake.
    How to see network configuration from the CLI on a window machine?

Interview Questions

• What are some of the flags shown in a network analyzer?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of an HR phone screen, including basic technical questions; then a full phone technical screen by the support team; and finally a in-house group interview. They interview well and are looking for team fit and motivated people.

Interview Questions

• They are focused on achievement and career goals. What is your 3-5 year career goal? What have you done to recently to achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were upfront about the starting range, but have a scheduled raises the first three quarters based on performance. If you perform you can earn another $2500 annual increase each quarter. Start at $40-45k, and $47.5-$52.5k at then end of the first year.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Took a while to schedule, was rescheduled a few times. Interviewer was honest and open, almost too much so. Ultimately said I didn't have enough startup experience since my 10 year career has been at large companies.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to handle the startup environment that has fewer resources than your prior employers?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

was initially by phone and in person with 5-6 people and manager afterward
    Head of HR was odd and added little value to the process

Interview Questions

• lots of behavioral interviewing questions which were tough, but fun to handle   Answer Question

Negotiation

standard terms, some room for negotiation. Under new management, pay packages are less attractive

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Tripwire (Portland, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

Was hired into another group. Didn't pass the phone interview. Took a year before I could score another chance. Didn't do well on the second phone interview, and the face-to-face they didn't want to hire me. Manager did. Within six months he had found a new home for me in Product Management. Boom