Triumph Motorcycles

Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.6

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in June 2014.

I applied for the position on their website and within a month I received an email to complete psychometric tests. Once clearing that I was phoned to schedule an interview at their headquarters in Hinckley. I am based in the Rep. Of Ireland and after flying over a day before with some preparation done I did a fault finding test which was not too difficult then a 1 hour personal interview and 1 hour technical interview. Everything was fine, communicating was fine and I was told that it usually took a few weeks to get feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about part of a bike frame. Like material, how it was put together and made, difference between forging and casting, materials failure mechanisms, FEA test set ups   Answer Question

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in February 2014.

I applied for the job and then about 3 weeks after i got an email saying i had been accepted as an applicant and that they would like me to complete some online tests. The test consisted of a personality test, a mechanical comprehension test, a verbal reasoning test and a numerical reasoning test. After a week they got back to me and said that i had been accepted to an interview at their base in Hinckley. The interview was very much just to get to know me, they used the personality test I completed to see if it was accurate and asked me questions about the answers I gave. Other than that it was typical 'why do you want to work for Triumph?' and 'Where do you want to be in 10 years?'.

Production & Materials Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournville, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournville, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in February 2013.

Internal interview with two members of staff, scheduling and logistics managers.
    Comprised of 45 minutes of interview questions. A written (mathematical) exercise lasted 30 minutes was a simulation of a working day in the office.

Interview Questions
    • What would the course of action be if the material does not arrive on time?   View Answer
    NA

Powertrain Engineer (Graduate) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in October 2012.

You will be reqired to complete assessments based on numerical and mechanical aptitude along with a personality test. Once you've passed this stage, you'll be asked to attend an interview at the factory in Hinckley with team leaders within the department and take a fault-finding assessment. The final stage would involve meeting with the head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • You will be given components and be required to answer questions along the lines of manufacturing processes, material selection and the effects of applied loads   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in September 2010.

First visit has a company tour along with verbal and numeracy tests and personality test.

Interview Questions
    • How your efforts in procurement will improve operating profit of the company?   View Answer