Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Environmental Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc..

You'll need to take a bit to apply directly via their website. They took weeks to get back to me but conducted a prompt phone interview and submitted my backgrounds checks. Upon passing those, I was called in for a formal interview in which I was to prepare a presentation to show in front of managers.

Interview Questions

Seems like they have good benefits and company culture, and I wouldn't mind the labor or long hours, but $15/hr for a college graduate doing intensive work handling extremely hazardous chemicals 55 hours per week--in NYC--is almost an embarrassing wage to offer. Construction workers & garbage men without degrees NOT handling hazardous waste make twice this pay. In fact, most non-degree employees make more than this performing jobs half as serious. Had to pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc..

I applied online and received a phone call to set up and phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interview wasn't too hard and the recruiter was easy to talk to and very nice. A week later I was contacted to set up an on site interview. The interview was scheduled for the next day and the hiring manager threw in at the end of the call that I needed a 5-10 minute presentation on few questions he emailed about the company. The presentation was not difficult, but I thought I would be presenting on a projector and I ended up having to present off my hard copy and did not have enough copies for everyone because only 3 were required. I wish they had let me know that I would have to be presenting off the hard copy. After the presentation you are basically interrogated for an hour with stupid questions on how you handle certain situations. I thought I did well and the interviewers made it seem like I had the job. I never heard back from them after a week so I reached out. And they said they were still conducting interviews. Three weeks later after that email they got back to me and said they weren't offering me the job. I thought it was rude how they handled the whole situation after the interview, not too mention I had to put together a presentation the day before. If they weren't going to hire me they shouldn't have lead me on in the interview and instead of dragging it on for 3 weeks to decline me the offer they should have just told me after interview or at least a week later. Just thought the whole interview process was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an unpopular situation you had to deal with.   View Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc..

First interview was with one guy. He asked all the questions you would expect. They really are just trying to see if your a smart person. Then he ask about why you want the job and explained the position. They are straight up about the position. It is essentially a driver of hazardous waste position that includes lab pack (lab pack is correctly packing whatever haz waste you will be picking up).

The second interview was more of the same but with two other people. They emailed me a few questions to make a little power point presentation (5 min). The questions where something along the lines of 1)describe hard work 2) In your own words describe a part of their mission statement 3) In your own words describes "WOWing" your client. I thought that part was a little weird. The "WOWing" seemed to me to be a little gimmick/motivator for their employees to do the job. Just speculating (because I declined the offer) they need to get their employees show up and have this 110% attitude all the time, but the whole think seemed fake and forced.

I got an offer. Personally it wasn't for me, but if it was for me I wouldn't of taken it because of the low pay, 15.50/hr.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here (I didn't, I was in it for interview practice)   Answer Question

Was not what I was looking for.

Environmental Specialist Interview

I received two e-mails, from separate people about my application. One e-mail was an HR representative who wanted to set up a phone interview and the other from the HR coordinator saying I was not being reviewed because I was not located in the area. This all seemed a bit unprofessional. However, I e-mailed the HR representative back and set up a phone interview with her for the next day. She was very nice and easy to talk to. She asked a lot of the "normal" interview questions, background, classes I enjoyed, how I reacted in certain situations, etc. None of the questions were too out of the ordinary. She answered all of my questions, and I realized the position wasn't for me so I withdrew my application.

Environmental Specialist Interview

I was contacted by phone at first one week after I applied. Then I was scheduled an onsite a week later. The whole process only took 2 weeks. And the interview only took 15 minutes. The questions were not far from expectation, just like normal.

Interview Questions
    • The one I remember is what did you most enjoy at shool.   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc..

The first interview was with a hiring manager; it was relaxed. The last question was how would you fail? Not a great note to end on so be aware
    Second interview had a presentation with some people from the department and then more questions.
    I was called about setting up another interview, potentially just a phone interview, but they never called back again after I left messages. They emailed me saying I was no longer being considered so I never had the third conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. in September 2013.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you if you are a good driver?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. in May 2013.

One in-person interview. Very straightforward. Company wants to know you have dedication. Did not have any unexpected questions or anything too challenging. I was interviewing for an internship, so that was not too unexpected anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. in April 2013.

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was set up by a different person for 2 weeks out but the actual interview was with the recruitment coordinator. I liked the recruitment coordinator but I wasn't a big fan of the environment. It could be that it was my first professional interview but it just didn't feel right.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc..

I went through 1 phone interview and 1 interview in person. I stopped by and dropped off my resume and cover letter and about 3 weeks later I got a call from a recruiter. I did my phone interview with him and then was told that I would hear from him within 2 weeks, once he got my background check and driving record back. I waited 5 weeks until I finally heard back from them. I went for an interview and really enjoyed the atmosphere and everyone was quite pleasant but I found it a bit weird that I had to interview with 3 different people and I had to give a presentation. I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you mean by science?" (a follow up question to my statement that I would really like to get back into a science field)   Answer Question