Tronox

Updated Aug 1, 2014

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, MS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tronox in June 2014.

#1 Online Application and MDES Referred Me
    #2 Phone Interview
    #3 Panel Interview
    #4 Mill Tour(Same Day)
    #5 Phone Call w/ Offer( Same Day 5 hours later)
    #6 Drug Test & Physical Exam

If you have a job do not quit after interview because it will be a very long process and try to wait it out until you get the offer then your home free unless your on drugs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a flow system and tag in and tag out?   View Answer
    No was no need to negotiate this is one of two of the highest paying entry level jobs in the area so you are already making more than other companies after several pay raises and they also explain the easy process in the pay increase over time.

Treasury Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tronox.

phone interview and they never hit me back.

Material Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tronox.

The hiring process was very typical. I was contacted by the recruiter first who then forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. He immediately contacted me the next day and we briefly went over my resume and the company. In the next few days I was asked to come onsite for an interview.
    The interview consisted of me meeting with almost 5-6 managers with whom I discussed my resume and projects in detail. It was a little tiring to repeat the exact same things over and over. There were a lot of detailed questions on the projects. I also had an onsite Excel test, it was fairly simple. Overall the interview was just like a regular one, with nothing too difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tronox.

There was a phone interview at first, and then was invited to the plant where there was a panel interview with several of the process engineers and the team leader. Everyone was kind, except for the plant manager but after that bit the whole process was very relaxing. They were simply searching for a long-term employee who was capable and willing to start a family with the company.

Interview Questions
    • The question that caught me off guard concerned the amount of time I was willing to work there. I was asked by a person who had 17 years working there, so I had to pause because I had not really thought that far into the future yet. I should have had an immediate answer ready, but unfortunately paused too long.   Answer Question