Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Very Easy Interview

Food and Smothie Maker Interview

Food and Smothie Maker
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very unprofessional and although the manager was conducting the interviews as well as the owner, the interviewer didn't really listen to the person being interviewed. Things could have run more smoothly.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected or difficult questions. They ask a few math questions to make sure the potential employee can do basic operations. It's not a trig test, it's basic operational mathematics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Your pay is your pay and if you don't like it then apply somewhere else. This isn't your career, it's a job to pay the bills.

Manager Interview

Manager
Davison, MI

I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly simple, asked about experience and threw out a couple scenario examples to see how you would handle them. I don't know if it was just this franchise, but they seemed to give low offers for the amount of work and responsibility they wanted in return.

Interview Question – If you had an employee continually coming in late, what would your course of action be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough hourly pay

Port Charlotte, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in March 2011.

Interview Details – You go through two interviews.. One with the manager.. One with the owner. They ask you typical questions for interviews. You answer them, they call you back schedule for your second interview. Typical process.

Interview Question – Do you think washing dishes are for females only?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Interview Details – Speaking, personalilty, positve and aGratefulnees

Interview Question – Why would you wwnt to work for the company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Slave Interview

Slave
Destin, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.

Interview Details – Show up, smile, get a job! No requirements needed. You can be the worst human on the face of the Earth and you can get a job there.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in August 2012.

Interview Details – I found the position on craigslist and applied for the position by sending an email to the store owner. I got a call back within a couple of days and was offered an interview. The owner and assistant manager met with me to discuss my customer service skills along with any other relevant skills I had to fill the position. I got offered the position on the spot and began work the next day. There was a lot of potential for growth within the store depending on work ethic and quality of work. I was promoted to supervisor after about a month and gained further advancements within the store as my tenure progressed

Interview Question – There were no tough questions in this interview   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.

Interview Details – It was fairly simple the manager was really cool asking basic questions.

Interview Question – How long do you plan on working here?   Answer Question

Winter Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager pretty much accused me of just waking up because my voice was husky. He warned me that if I was late he would not interview me at all. Like I was a lazy bum or something. I feel like a total idiot for not making sure my voice sounded clear.

Interview Question – Did you just wake up?   View Answer

Server Interview

Server
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within a week I received a call from the manager. Scheduled an interview for a few days later. Had a one on one interview with the manager, and he told me I would find out by 12pm whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was actually recruited, the interview process was pretty basic, I sat with the store owner and director of operations and interviewed for the area. For my second interview I sat with the Area Developer. I waited about a week and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were at a business lunch and you ordered a rare steak and they brought it to you well done, what would you do?   View Answer
  • Give examples of ideas you’ve had or implemented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate much in the way of salary, however I was able to negotiate vacation and sick time. Benefits weren't an option. If you're going to work for TSC I would recommend that you take the time to research the company and know what you're getting yourself into.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Worked for Tropical Smoothie Cafe? Contribute to the Community!