Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Team Member Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in September 2011.

Interview Details – Referred to the store by a current employee, met the manager for 5 minutes, got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in December 2012.

Interview Details – I initially responded to the ad online and the manager sent me an application the next day via email. I filled out the application and went into the store on the indicated time to be interviewed. The interview time was 8am-11am or after 4pm. I went in and gave my application to the second manager. She asked me my availability and I told her that I am a fulltime college student and I am not available certain times or days. She was looking at my resume too intensely as she did not know what to do with it. Then she told me can you please write your availability on the paper and I did so. Then she says we have many catering orders and I cant do an interview right now I will give you a call and set an interview date. I told her yes sure you can call me. And then I just shook hands and left the cafe. She never called back. The only reason she did not call back was she did not like my availability and could not do an interview right there and then. Honestly the cafe was not busy at all and was empty. I bet there were no catering orders to be done either because there was only one worker besides the manager and the managing partner.

Interview Question – None because she did not have time to interview.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Worked for Tropical Smoothie Cafe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tropical Smoothie Cafe Team Member interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Tropical Smoothie Cafe employees and interview candidates.