Troy University Interview Questions

2.6

Cannot Disclose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Troy University in August 2011.

I was contacted to interview for a position that I had applied for about 3 weeks prior. The interview was a three- person panel interview. Typical interview questions (describe yourself, strengths, weaknesses). The only negative from the interview was that there were several times that we had to pause so others could explain answers to one of the panel members (now my supervisor). The panel member has worked for the University for 5+ years, but was so unfamiliar with the University that they did not understand the conversations/follow up questions that resulted from my answers.

No negotiation process.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Troy University in March 2011.

You go through a pannel for the first interview, then you are interviewed by all of the supervisors at once.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle residents who are homosexual? Would you let their significant others stay the night?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Troy University in June 2009.

To transfer from one division to another, the interview process was simple, involving a panel by phone. All movement across divisional boundaries requires a background check as well these days. When I had first interviewed, as an outsider, I first submitted my CV and college transcripts, then gave a presentation to the faculty (conference-styled). I gave another presentation to administrative leadership in Troy, and then I waited for the acceptance letter. There is a lot of informality to the process with TROY, and most people in the decision-making chain like to talk casually about various topics. Building trust this way is therefore very important. If you come across too serious (ivory-tower), that can turn them off.

Interview Questions
    TROY's starting pay is still market-lagging, but the university is trying hard to increase it more quickly than the natural rate, to catch up with peers. TROY has an advantage compared to most state-affiliated institutions in that recessions don't hit very hard, because TROY's worldwide operation provides a steadier revenue flow than Auburn or U of Alabama, for example. The new dean of the business school will approve a reduced load in exchange for a commitment to do research, so in that respect TROY's business school is on a par with those of Auburn and U of Alabama.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Troy University in July 2009.

I was contacted by phone by the particular campus that needed by services. After exchanging my personal details on the phone, I was contacted, presumably after background check, for a campus interview. I was interviewed by the college director and one other faculty member. Typical questions were asked on my personal information, education, qualifications, work experience and areas of interest. The interviewing process was pleasant. I was offered the job but it took several weeks for my documentation to be processed and approved.

Interview Questions
    • How would handle this type of students given your experience with different types of students in the past?   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Troy University in August 2007.

No real interview. Few questions and thats it. Very poor process.

Interview Questions
    Terrible. They lie about bonuses and other stuff until your hired and its too late to do anything about it.