TruGreen

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview Details – Take an online test then did one in person interview.

Interview Question – Was asked to do a sales role-play.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple

Door to Door Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in January 2012.

Interview Details – There was only one interview to get hired on as a door to door salesman at TruGreen. The interview was very fast and a lot of questions were asked. My interviewer told me that customer service was the most important experience that they look for because they can teach anyone how to sell lawn care.

Interview Question – all of the interview questions that were asked were standard interview questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Door to Door Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional. Sales manager did not interview candidates. He spent all of the interview time telling candidates how many times he has "crushed it" over his career, and that has always made 6 figure incomes. Told candidates that they should expect to make $65K in their role. Real world expectations are under $40K - if you get kept on through the insulation season. No one in my office ever made $40K - even if they "crushed it".

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told them that I would not work for $475/week base, so they immediately offered $523.

Maple Grove, MN

I applied online - interviewed at TruGreen in April 2013.

Interview Details – It is a 5 part process. Phone interview, Online personality/skills test, 1st interview, 2nd interview and drug testing. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere. Every one is easy going and they are dedicated to providing excilent employees out in the public to boost a positive image.

After you get through the online interview/test, the rest is easy.

Interview Question – n/a. very simple process   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough income potential (24k salary + commission = avg. of 50k/yr
12-9pm with manditory saturdays

Door to Door Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at TruGreen in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got offered the position, but I am going to decline. Wasn't totally sold on the branch manager's approach to me on the phone. Told me I can start in a week, and when I told him I do probably have to hand in a 2 week notice to my employement, he didn't seem to say anything or like that I told him that. Hours I am not crazy about, and I don't know...is it seasonal? didn't answer many of my questions.

Interview Question – Do I have sales experience... how long I'd work here   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Door to Door Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview Details – 2 interviews.. you don't even have to apply because they hired some one to sit there and recruit all day long and out of 16 interviews 3 show up

Interview Question – Its not difficult at all it is the assessment that stops people from qualifying from the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they told me they would call me to let me know i got the job on a thursday... i waited till friday and then i called to find out i got the job.. its been a joke ever since

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TruGreen in December 2013.

Interview Details – This was a very serious interview process just for a door knocker position. It consisted of 3 interviews, and an online questionarre. The whole process took about a week and a half, and everyone is very professional. They asked typical questions like why should we choose you, what do you bring to the table, etc.

Interviewed at TruGreen

Interview Details – Online Applictaion
Sales Manager and Branch Manager interviews

Interview Question – None - very standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Door to Door Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2012.

Interview Details – The expectations were that you knocked on min. 100 doors a day 10 hrs 6 days a week micro mg'd in the field laid off 4 mos a year and they refused me w/15 yrs sales exp. because they told visitation from 5 - 8 PM twice a wk disqualified me. The interview also required you to sell the branch mgr his pen back to him and close the him which I did.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at TruGreen

Worked for TruGreen? Contribute to the Community!

TruGreen Videos

TruGreen – Why Work for Us?

At TruGreen, you’ll see that you will find more career rewards – one lawn after another. Our employees work hard to do what’s best for their customers and along the way have found some pretty great opportunities for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TruGreen Door to Door Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by TruGreen employees and interview candidates.