TruGreen Door to Door Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.5

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TruGreen (Macon, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was put in break room to wait for over an hour. Never spoken to by the hiring person. Obvious I was just a box to be checked never a serious candidate. Drove 35 miles one way to interview. Total lack of professionalism. While waiting heard employees complaining about the company. Total fail. No wonder all the bad reviews.

Interview Questions

• Never got to interviewer. Left in break room over an hour.   Answer Question

Left me sitting in a break room for over am hour.

Other Interview Reviews for TruGreen

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was Great! It was a little lengthy lasting almost two and a half hours, but that could be to me talking a little too much. The General Manager was extremely knowledgeable about the company, explaining his process of working his way up through the company. Very pleasant, but thorough interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions pertaining to people telling you "no," as would be expected in a sales position. Be prepared to give an impromptu sales pitch on some of their products.   Answer Question

I accepted another job offer.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TruGreen (White Marsh, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on CareerBuilder.com and was called for an initial interview a day or so later. I walk in and it was a total unprofessional call center. I had my interview with the sales manager, Justin. It was mostly questions and answers about the job, but he didn't learn too much about my work ethic. He pulled his manager in as well and seemed pretty impressed that I was interested in the job and myself. They were definitely trying to sell me the job more than finding out about me. A few days later, I received a call to come in for a second interview with the branch manager, Steve. I had my doubts about this company after reading TONS of negative comments on Facebook from their clients. There was nothing positive at all about this company. However, I really need a job and went. The branch manager didn't really ask me anything about myself either, just wanted to see if I had any questions for him and if I was ok working 55+ hours a week. He told me he would call me the next day to let me know what the next step would be. I received no call that day, the next day, or even within that week, until over a week later, I received an email from People Answers saying I was not qualified for the job. That was totally ok with me, BUT, if these people are really professional's, one of them could have at least called and told me or even have sent me a personal email from their email address within the next day or two after the second interview. Instead they had a third party company tell me I did not get the job. Don't waste your time with these interviews and negativity from their VERY unhappy so called customers.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TruGreen.

Interview

Take an online test then did one in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to do a sales role-play.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TruGreen (North Fort Myers, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview did all assessments and meet with Department Manager. Simple and sweet. Second interview was with GM. Really motivating and just one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Was asked if I can pass drug test and background. Was called back within a week with a start date. Pay is great opportunity to become independent against unstable economy. Blessed!!!!!

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TruGreen (Lafayette, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and was called within 20 minutes for an interview the next day. First interview was with the Sales Manager which lasted 4 minutes. He explained the job, then said "I'll give you 24 hours to think this job over, then call me and let me know". I was interested, so he then set me up with the Branch Manager for another quick interview. Really easy. Was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None-base pay plus commission. Not really much to negotiate when you make commission.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TruGreen (Maple Grove, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

It is a 5 part process. Phone interview, Online personality/skills test, 1st interview, 2nd interview and drug testing. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere. Every one is easy going and they are dedicated to providing excilent employees out in the public to boost a positive image.

After you get through the online interview/test, the rest is easy.

not enough income potential (24k salary + commission = avg. of 50k/yr
    12-9pm with manditory saturdays

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TruGreen in March 2013.

Interview

I got offered the position, but I am going to decline. Wasn't totally sold on the branch manager's approach to me on the phone. Told me I can start in a week, and when I told him I do probably have to hand in a 2 week notice to my employement, he didn't seem to say anything or like that I told him that. Hours I am not crazy about, and I don't know...is it seasonal? didn't answer many of my questions.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TruGreen.

Interview

2 interviews.. you don't even have to apply because they hired some one to sit there and recruit all day long and out of 16 interviews 3 show up

Interview Questions

• Its not difficult at all it is the assessment that stops people from qualifying from the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

they told me they would call me to let me know i got the job on a thursday... i waited till friday and then i called to find out i got the job.. its been a joke ever since

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TruGreen in February 2013.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Sales manager did not interview candidates. He spent all of the interview time telling candidates how many times he has "crushed it" over his career, and that has always made 6 figure incomes. Told candidates that they should expect to make $65K in their role. Real world expectations are under $40K - if you get kept on through the insulation season. No one in my office ever made $40K - even if they "crushed it".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them that I would not work for $475/week base, so they immediately offered $523.