TruGreen

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.3

Residential Outside Sales Representative Interview

The interview was professional and not terribly long in duration; about 40 minutes. I was surprised to get the initial contact, as the recruiter referenced a resume that I'd placed on CareerBuilder about 18 months previously. That alone made me a little hesitant but I decided to make the trip anyway. If nothing else, it would help me make up my mind without that nagging doubt. As it turns out, making the appointment was the way to go. I didn't wait very long and the questions were relevant and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question regarded what my most difficult outside environmental scenario had been.   Answer Question

I was immediately called for a second interview. After thinking about the offer for a couple of days, I decided it wasn't enough. The base pay is very, very low, and the commisions are based on house-to-house selling, which involves a lot of driving and on-site cold calling. For those that don't have any real bills yet, it would be a good starting job.

Field Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TruGreen.

Standard interview conducted from a form. Basic questions. The individual who interviewed me had not reviewed my application or resume prior to the interview. He knew nothing of my background or experience. However, he was very polite, professional and was timely.

Better opportunity.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TruGreen in December 2014.

Arrive at location. They sign you in and give you a name tag. Then you complete an online application at one of their computer stations. After that you are interviewed. The sales manager for the local branch interviewed me.
    Outside sale reps go out into neighborhoods; door to door sales. 100 doors/day. 50 hr wk.
    $500/wk base + comm. Goal is 2 sales per day. Average sale is $500 annual contract.
    2 wks of training.
    Mulitple interview process. This was first interview.

Interview Questions
    • No questions at this stage of the interview process. Sales Mgr wanted to know if I was interested.   View Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TruGreen.

A group of 8 people were interviewed at once, watch a short presentation and listened to several calls. Was told would hear from in 72 hours. Within 72 hours received a call for a second interview. Everything this company said they would do has taken place so far.

Fair and Honest..offers as advertised

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TruGreen.

Applied online, initial phone screen, face-to-face with hiring manager(s) - regional sales and branch manager, ridiculously difficult and unnecessary "assessment" took 3 hours to complete at office, could not complete from home, phone interview with national sales dir, follow-up interview with hiring managers AGAIN, offer.

Be clear on comp before you proceed through process. Frustrating to get all the way to offer to find it is no where near what you were told

Interview Questions
    • General sales management questions, how do you motivate a team, what do you do if your team is 40% to quota and only 3 days left in the week   Answer Question

Comp was at least 10k short of my low range, which I stated I needed in 2 separate parts of interview, seems like a very micromanaged sales management role

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TruGreen in June 2014.

process was different than I was use to group interview made me feel like i was just a number put makes sense to do for company and managment going in for follow up interview in a week might get job might not hope i will

Not into call centers

Lawn Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TruGreen in June 2014.

Fast paced hiring process. Great communication via telephone and email. Went through two interviews. Very professional. Had a drug screen and was told a start date on the same day. Excellent.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you feel you didn't perform as well as you could have on the job.   Answer Question
    N/A

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TruGreen.

I had to go through three interviews. The first with a Field Sales Supervisor, next with the Sales Manager, then the last with the General Manager. Besides the local hospital this was the next hardest interview I have ever done.

Interview Questions
    • I had to sell my interviewer which happened to be the sales manager and ink pen. I had no sales experience when I interviewed, although it would be a lot easier for me to do this now, at that time this was the most difficult for me.   Answer Question
    They did not offer me the job in person, they called like a day after my last interview to offer me the position. Once I accepted over the phone, they gave me a date to start work.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TruGreen in May 2014.

I applied on CareerBuilder.com and was called for an initial interview a day or so later. I walk in and it was a total unprofessional call center. I had my interview with the sales manager, Justin. It was mostly questions and answers about the job, but he didn't learn too much about my work ethic. He pulled his manager in as well and seemed pretty impressed that I was interested in the job and myself. They were definitely trying to sell me the job more than finding out about me. A few days later, I received a call to come in for a second interview with the branch manager, Steve. I had my doubts about this company after reading TONS of negative comments on Facebook from their clients. There was nothing positive at all about this company. However, I really need a job and went. The branch manager didn't really ask me anything about myself either, just wanted to see if I had any questions for him and if I was ok working 55+ hours a week. He told me he would call me the next day to let me know what the next step would be. I received no call that day, the next day, or even within that week, until over a week later, I received an email from People Answers saying I was not qualified for the job. That was totally ok with me, BUT, if these people are really professional's, one of them could have at least called and told me or even have sent me a personal email from their email address within the next day or two after the second interview. Instead they had a third party company tell me I did not get the job. Don't waste your time with these interviews and negativity from their VERY unhappy so called customers.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TruGreen in May 2014.

Initial Communication- Girl does not know the job in detail. She submits your resume and then you get call 1-1/2 weeks later. Waiting time 5 days. Then you get Personality profile test. 1 more week. Then interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you mind being Outdoors doing door to door Sales on Potential Customers' property?   View Answer