TruGreen

Very Easy Interview

Lawn Specialist Interview

Lawn Specialist
Danbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in March 2013.

Interview Details – Sit down interview, informal, basic questions, just a formal thing - theyll hire just about anyone who can pass a drug test - mostly uneducated and or low level thinkers

Negotiation Details – Had to pass a drug test and take a physical to make sure I could drive a heavy truck

Lawn Specialist Interview

Lawn Specialist
Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TruGreen in June 2014.

Interview Details – Fast paced hiring process. Great communication via telephone and email. Went through two interviews. Very professional. Had a drug screen and was told a start date on the same day. Excellent.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you feel you didn't perform as well as you could have on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Accounts Receivables Interview

Accounts Receivables
Macomb, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TruGreen in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Branch Manager one time and was called the next day and was offered the position at a fair salary. I answered in ad in the classifieds. I left a message for the office manager and she promptly called me back that day and we set up a day and time for me to interview with her immediate supervisor. I interview with the branch manager the next day. On the very next day I was called by the branch manager and was offered the position which immediately accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing about the interview was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in October 2013.

Interview Details – Back when I was hired it was very unorganized. First you submit your resume through careers link on website. Called a couple of days later from a recruiter, asked a series of 3-5 questions. If chosen they have you come in for a quick group interview which contained 2-3 questions and a round robin type answering session. Then they wold have you sit with a sales rep and see the day to day operations. From there if you were considered, you come back a again for a one on one interview, with a scenario based role play. Then an offer would follow if you had the job.

Interview Question – The role playing scenario. They put you on the phone on the floor with the rest of the agents, taking over you, throwing balls around like footballs, stress balls, etc… and complaining about customers they just had on the phone. All while the manager is in the office listening, granted you are given a script.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating take it or leave it!

Lawn Tech Interview

Lawn Tech
Round Rock, TX

I applied online - interviewed at TruGreen in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through website, I was sent an e-mail saying that they would be interested in interviewing me and if could send them a good time for a quick phone call. We spoke briefly about the position and why I would be interested, then a time was set for an interview with the manager. Interview was standard questions, what would you do if a customer type. Then what do you know about the job, company very basic. Be yourself and relax.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pass experience helped. Got more than starting hour.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial Communication- Girl does not know the job in detail. She submits your resume and then you get call 1-1/2 weeks later. Waiting time 5 days. Then you get Personality profile test. 1 more week. Then interview.

Interview Question – Do you mind being Outdoors doing door to door Sales on Potential Customers' property?   View Answer

Route Specialist Interview

Route Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TruGreen in December 2012.

Interview Details – Basic assessment questionnaire drug test,mvr check, and valid insurance. They really try to hammer the difficulty of the job about how hot it gets, how long days can be. It weeds out those who wouldn't hack it a week anyway.

Interview Question – Willing to work 6 days a week   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Door to Door Sales Representative
North Fort Myers, FL

I applied online - interviewed at TruGreen in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interview did all assessments and meet with Department Manager. Simple and sweet. Second interview was with GM. Really motivating and just one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Was asked if I can pass drug test and background. Was called back within a week with a start date. Pay is great opportunity to become independent against unstable economy. Blessed!!!!!

Interview Question – Why should Trugreen give you an opportunity?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Lees Summit, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TruGreen in March 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview followed by an online personality and cognitive reasoning/math skills assessments. The initial in-person interview was with the Sales Manager and was designed to be more informative than a typical screening process. The second interview was with the General Manager and focused on my skills and experience. It was a very comfortable, low pressure interview and the GM shared several stories of what led him to his current position…and allowed me ample time to describe my work history.

Interview Question – Both interviews were free-flowing without the stereotypical questions designed to “stump” me or cause an uncomfortable situation designed to “see how I react”. Questions during both interviews were more of the: “so tell me about yourself….” questions which allowed me to paint a picture of my strengths and accomplishments as I saw fit.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview Details – I had to go through three interviews. The first with a Field Sales Supervisor, next with the Sales Manager, then the last with the General Manager. Besides the local hospital this was the next hardest interview I have ever done.

Interview Question – I had to sell my interviewer which happened to be the sales manager and ink pen. I had no sales experience when I interviewed, although it would be a lot easier for me to do this now, at that time this was the most difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not offer me the job in person, they called like a day after my last interview to offer me the position. Once I accepted over the phone, they gave me a date to start work.

Worked for TruGreen? Contribute to the Community!