TruGreen Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
88 interviews

2.3

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2014.

Very easy questions and it didn't last long. They act like they have high expectations, but it seemed too simple.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a home owner after arriving at their home?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in November 2013.

long

none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Marsh, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2014.

Applied Online, received a call and scheduled an interview. When I arrived at the office, I noticed there were only 2 desks set up. Ms. Lisa Netro was new to her position and made the interviewing process very fun and informative. She was building a new team and looking to fill 13 spots and was new to her role as recruiter. The chairs in her office are so comfty! There were several questions and at the end we did a role play scenario where I was the customer service rep and she was the caller. After the interview, I sent a follow up email thanking her or my interview and answering her Twinkie question. I received a thank you email from her and was offered the job the next day!

Interview Questions
    • How do you think the manufacturers get the filling on the inside of a Twinkie?   View Answer
    No, the pay is $12/hr for this position.

Lawn Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TruGreen in August 2011.

Office people are really nice.Managers explain you your job responsibilities into details.
    You get an interview super fast and the answer if you've got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult to answer ! You just need to show employers that you are hard working and self motivated person.   Answer Question
    you can negotiate the pay if you have previous experience in Lawn Care.
    More experience more hourly pay.

Branch Employment Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at TruGreen in December 2013.

I spoke with one man that called me for an interview for the position. At the interview, it was a bit strange, it was easy, i answered all the questions, even off the wall questions like name 5 people in the whole world that you would like to sit down for dinner with. I was explained the position and it was more like outbound sales calling to find people to interview for a job and not a HR position as I was told at first would have liked and didn't require an education, and the pay was not as good as . I declined the position. Additionally, I am still receiving many calls from other branch employment coordinators after telling them several times that I am not interested!

Interview Questions
    • Odd questions such as name 5 people in the whole world that you would like to sit down for dinner with and why.   Answer Question

It wasn't what I was expecting for the position or pay.

Lawn Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen.

Called me to set up an interview after seeing my resume. Mtg took about 30 min and very low key. Called me back within a week with a job offer.

Easy. Basically was set on experience.

Telesales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2013.

It was a very basic interview. I met with Kevin Jaseckas. Seemed like a nice guy, although young and inexperienced. He explained what the company does and the compensation very well. I told him I was disappointed with the wages and was able to negotiate a higher starting rate which was still too low in my opinion. I felt as though I could make it up on commissions. Agreed to 2nd shift on the basis that I could got o first shift as soon as the next opening was available. When openings did take place, others got in ahead of me. This did not sit well with me.

Interview Questions
    • None really and this is what surprised me and led me to realize that he was very new and inexperienced at this.   Answer Question
    I would only recommend this company if you can't find any other work and in fact, this office closed, I believe due to mismanagement. However, they do have other offices around the country.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in January 2012.

There was only one interview to get hired on as a door to door salesman at TruGreen. The interview was very fast and a lot of questions were asked. My interviewer told me that customer service was the most important experience that they look for because they can teach anyone how to sell lawn care.

Interview Questions
    • all of the interview questions that were asked were standard interview questions   Answer Question

Branch Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TruGreen in November 2013.

Applied online, received call from recruiter 10 days later. Recruiter & I agreed on date & time for in-person interview with mgmt. However a day before my interview a rep called me to ask (WHY) I missed my scheduled interview with them that morning. I informed the rep that my interview wasn’t until the next day at such & such time per my conversation with recruiter/interview confirmation email. She then said, “oh never mind we must had made a clerical error in the schedule, see you tomorrow.

That was the first RED FLAG!

Meaning, what employer calls a candidate that “missed” an interview, asking them (WHY) they missed a scheduled interview?? Although it was in-fact an error on the recruiters part, It seemed to me they were desperate to hirer /fills position due to high turnover.

The next day I arrived 15 min early for my in-person interview with the office mgmt. I was greeted by receptionist, singed in & was told to wait in lobby. Finally the office mgmt came out of his office & said he was on a conference call, & since
    (I WAS LATE) he couldn’t interview me & I would have to wait until his assistant shows up, then his assistant would interview me… I politely put the office mgmt in his place by showing him my interview confirmation email then the receptionist showed him the sign in sheet confirming I was on time.

Second RED FLAG!

From the beginning it seemed this company was highly unorganized even in there recruiting process. As a Full Life Cycle Corporate Recruiter who interview’s candidate’s from C -Level executives to entry level, I’m well aware of the recruiting process & how it should flow. In my experience TruGreen was NOT on their “ A “ game.

Anyways the assistant mgmt arrived about 15min later, and he assured me that he was very experienced in conducting interviews, however at that point I wasn’t interested in the company or the position. I was just going through the motions. The assistant mgmt didn’t ask me any difficult questions instead I felt he was trying to sale/force the position on me, which was a bit uncomfortable & confirmed my suspicions that they had a high turnover within the company & in the position. I asked in-depth questions about company coulter, retention rate, advancement & the details of the position, however the assistant mgmt couldn’t really answer any questions without looking it up in the company manual. I did read about the position prier to my interview & gathered that I would be in charge of full life cycle recruiting efforts within their sales force division. This would include interviewing candidates who applied online, as well as cold calling on passive talent through marketing , job boards, making offers to candidates, conducting background checks, assign drug screen & hosting new hire orientation.

The assistant mgmt said I would be placing about 200 outbound cold calls a day trying to recruiter folks to go door to door & sale lawn care products for the company… Now, I don’t mind cold calling on passive talent, but there is NOTHING sexy about knocking on doors trying to sale lawn care products to random people. I’m more accustomed to cold calling on passive talent for
    (Hard to fill positions) within the Sr. Technical/ engineering field, meaning the demand far out weights qualified supply. So a lot of my time is spent on the phones & online developing strategic search methods as well as persuading highly skilled, experienced educated talent to join the company.

I asked what the position paid & the salary wasn’t very attractive, am talking about 27k-29k a year. At that point I said this position is not for me since I’m already employed as a Recruiter making considerably more then this position paid. I interviewed with trugreen to see if they paid a decent salary & offered advancement, however that wasn’t the case.

The next day TruGreen sent me an email stating that they would not be extending an offer to me… All I could do was laugh!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but the interviewer did ask, do you know what we sale?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TruGreen in December 2013.

Initaly, I was contacted by one of the managers who asked if I remember the position I've applied. Luckily I was correct. He then confirmed my experience based on my resume before he directed me to complete the skills assessment. Once completed, I received a call back from him congradulating me on passing the assessment and inviting me to interview and to look out for the confirmation email. The building is in an industrial area and the office has a professional but a relaxed enviorment. I was greeted by my interviewer who asked the details of my experience then asked me to do an improv selling her a pen. She was pleasant but direct in advising that the position requires committment and efficency. She then asked me if I had any questions, then led me to ask for the position. She gave me feedback and vote of confidence that I will be contacted for a second interview. Later receiving my call for the second interview, I scheduled it for a day later. In my second interview, I was escorted to room where I met my second interviewer. The second interview was more laidback but had some obstacle I had to overcome with his concerns with my job record. After overcoming his objective, offering assurance that I am looking to grow with the company, he said that he will consult with the other hiring manager which closed the interview. The next day I recieved a call with the job offer and instructions in completing the hiring process to follow in my email.

Interview Questions
    • In both interviews, what stood out as unexpected was a question in regards to a situation when I had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor. What happened and how did the situation resolve.   Answer Question
    I agreed to the salary before my first interview