Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TruGreen
- Outside Sales Representative (19)
- Sales Representative (18)
- Door to Door Sales Representative (16)
- Lawn Specialist (10)
- Customer Service Representative (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Inside Sales Associate (6)
- General Manager (4)
- Branch Employment Coordinator (4)
- Sales Associate (3)
- Sales Manager (3)
- Sales (3)
- Business Development Representative (2)
- Area Manager (2)
- Lawn Tech (2)
- OUTSIDE SALES (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Lawn Technician (2)
- Field Sales Supervisor (2)
- Neighborhood Sales Representative (2)
- Residential Lawn Specialist (2)
- Residential Outside Sales Representative (2)
- Route Specialist (2)
- Commercial Account Specialist (1)
- Telesales Sueprvisor (1)
- Landscape Designer/Sales (1)
- Residential Lawn Technician (1)
- Inside Sakes (1)
- $500/Week Base + Commissions Position Really IS Door-to-door But They Won't Tell You That On the Phone (1)
- Outdoor Customer Service Representative (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at TruGreen.
Phone Interview, extremely short in person interview. They seemed like they were in desperate need of laborers - They asked my availability, and my ability to lift certain weight, and if I was ok with obtaining a Class E drivers license. They offered me a position on the spot, and I went through a drug screen within a week.
- Availabilty; Can you lift 50 lbs consistently? Is your driving record clean/Can you obtain a Class E CDL? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TruGreen (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.
Went well though, I am not interested in working 48 hours a week knocking on doors selling lawn care service. This is not the first time that I have received a call after submitting my resume and the position turn into outside sales
- Talked about previous experience 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Riverside, CA) in March 2015.
First step was to fill out an extensive application online with an intelligence quiz and a personality quiz which was about 45-60 minutes long. Then a recruiter contacted me via email for a phone interview. She asked about what I was looking for in a job opportunity and what my compensation looked like. Job offered competitive base pay with a monthly car stipend and mileage reimbursement. She spoke about team work and company culture which differs from all of the employee reviews here. She scheduled me for an in person interview with a manager. The office seemed older and very quiet. 30 minutes an it was mostly informational. Recruiter contacted me for another in person with another manager which I declined because the interviewer is mention that Saturday hours are sometimes required but only after I asked him.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.
Recruited as much as interviewed in first round. Asked questions to ascertain sales ability. Showed me some of the technology used to find leads. Promised to show me how to make $1000 per week. Promised long hours in the spring, shorter hours in the summer and fall. Second interview was more traditional, but included a sales role play to prove you could do the job.
- First interview: How many years of sales experience do you have? Second interview: Describe a moment when you had to change the direction you were headed in your sales pitch in order to get the sale? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Riverside, CA) in March 2015.
very easy and fast we just sit there and talk about sports and then he told that wanted me to come on a second interview asap, i did the the second view and i got the job i started working a week later it was very easy.
- why do you want work here why you do like lawn care 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
Initial interview is an overview of company expectations and thorough job description. Do your homework and research the company's history. Know how long in business, how many customers nationwide, etc.
- What do you know about TruGreen? Answer Question
Helpful (6)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TruGreen.
The interview process was very thorough, but necessary in order to sufficiently weed out unqualified candidates. My interview questions aimed at reflecting the types of previous work situations I have been involved with as well as my customer care standards and values. I had two back to back interviews on the same day - one with my immediate supervisor and another with the customer care lead. I was offered a position 3 days after my interview and happily accepted. I am still in training but I can honestly say that this is by far my favorite job. The company truly cares about employees and customers equally and the office environment is very easy going and friendly. Everyone gets along wonderfully and made me feel like part of the family on the first day. I can definitely see myself working here for a very long time (:
- Tell me about a situation where you had a problem delivering the demands of your previous position. What did you do to resolve it and why was it challenging? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.
First interview watched a 2 minute video then sat down with sales manager. Interview was more like him telling me everything about the company and the position responsibilities. No questions were asked. Very nice and low stress environment. Said base salary 26k + commissions and would work 50 hours a week plus satrudays for 3 months out of the year. then would work more regular hours rest of year. 2nd interview was with branch manager. more traditional interview structures with sales and personality type questions.
- What makes you want a career in Sales? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Columbia, MO) in February 2015.
Received a phone call from the sales manager and set up an interview for early the following week. Got the job offer the week after the interview and started 2 weeks from the offer. The interview process was pretty standard and felt like more of a conversation than being interviewed.
- Describe what you did at your last/previous job Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.
Applied one evening they called the next day and asked me to come in for an interview the following day. I met with the sales manager. It felt more like he was trying to sell me the job rather than asking me specific questions about my experience. I will say that I have several years of turf experience and sales experience. Very easy interview I was invited back but declined.
- what was my level of interest in the position? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review