TruGreen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process from day application submitted to 1st day of raining was 2 weeks long

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Outside Sales Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TruGreen in May 2013.

Interview Details – You meet with the branch supervisor for a general interview. Nothing drastic or intimidating. As long as you are relatively qualified, and show any type of ability, you will then meet with the branch manager for final approval. This also is a casual interview. Nothing to worry about. It was a stress-free interview process.

Interview Question – No real surprises.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real wiggly room for entry-level.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview Details – i was laid back and very relaxed. The interview process went very quickly but covered all the basics of sales.

Interview Question – What are two important features of selling... Explaining the benefits and the features...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – starting wages

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Door to Door Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional. Sales manager did not interview candidates. He spent all of the interview time telling candidates how many times he has "crushed it" over his career, and that has always made 6 figure incomes. Told candidates that they should expect to make $65K in their role. Real world expectations are under $40K - if you get kept on through the insulation season. No one in my office ever made $40K - even if they "crushed it".

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told them that I would not work for $475/week base, so they immediately offered $523.

Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TruGreen in December 2012.

Interview Details – Called by the sales manager, asking me to come in for an interview. Arrived later that day for the interview. The place was a total dump. Broken chairs, rotting desks, and insects/bugs around the office. The chair I sat in had a busted back that leaned to the side and had tears and rips in it. The manager was hyping up the job and "selling" me on the money potential. I knew right off the bat that this place was going to be a joke. He asks me some real basic, elementary questions and went over my job experience. He then tells me his "vision" for the new operation we would be starting up. He then had me do a "sales test" involving selling him a case of pens, using a single pen as the "prop". I aced the interview and he continues to talk all "tough" and talks about earning our keep, yadda yadda yadda. Don't get me wrong, I am an extremely hard worker and I hate the idea of entitlement. I just couldn't stand the "fake" that this guy was oozing. He then asks me why he should hire me and why I feel I'm the best fit for this outstanding opportunity. I gave him the tap dance routine. He then tells me to wait in the room for a few minutes. I knew I had the job locked at that point. He then comes back into the room and gives me an offer on the spot. I then proceed to negotiate a higher salary. He then slams me, pulling the whole Glengarry Glenross routine about how I need to "realize what kind of opportunity I'm being given and that he had a whole line of other applicants that he could offer this position to at a lower rate and they would snatch it up." He was absolutely right...there are other people that would take this job at a lower rate of pay than what I was offered, but I didn't budge. He eventually caved to the amount I was asking for. In truth, I was actually a little shocked that they offered the base salary they did for this position. I knew the hours were going to be long and we were gonna probably be pulling 6 and 7 day weeks consistently....so my expectation was to just take this job and save up some money in the process, pay off my car, and save up for a new place.

We literally got our hands dirty and renovated the part of the building we'd be working in. Then we trained a few new hire classes. Our center kicked ass, (#1 out of #13) for the first couple months of the busy season. Everybody was making good money. Some sales reps were reeling in $1-2k commission checks each WEEK, not including their base salary! We were all in for a rude awakening though when the "busy season" died after about 5 or 6 weeks. We were told that things wouldn't slow down until at least deep into the fall/early winter. Wellllll.....we just kept getting fed BS by corporate and lied to about leads. The leads ended up being dried up, beaten, abused, and recycled...calling on customers for the 9th time in a week! It was a sad state and sales reps were making crap for money, and as you can imagine, management wasn't getting bonuses any longer. Sorry, but the base salary ain't gonna cut it when pulling 70+ hour weeks. Even with the "maxed out" bonus...it only allowed me to maintain my base rate of pay, based on a 40 hour work week....meaning if we hit our standard bonus or no bonus at all....our pay rate was GARBAGE!

Be prepared to lie, manipulate, and sell your soul, all for the sake of maybe getting an extra $1,000 a month, if you're lucky. The days of making a $2k bonus are long gone, and hitting a standard bonus is pretty much impossible now.

The interview was cake. If you're fairly sharp, driven, and motivated...you'll ace this joke of an interview.

Interview Question – The pen sales test was a little unexpected. Never did anything like that before. I got creative with it though and sold the heck out of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – See above story

Branch Employment Coordinator Interview

Morrisville, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TruGreen in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and never received any response back after waiting 2+ weeks. I finally called the office directly to inquire about the status of my application and was immediately offered an opportunity to interview with the branch manager.

I arrived early to the interview and was immediately greeted by the hiring manager. He asked em to fill out an online application and assessment. I began the process but quickly realized this was the application and assessment I had previously completed online. I told the hiring manager this and was called into the branch manager's office for an interview. He logged into the company system to view my assessment scores and told me that unfortunately I did not pass the Sales assessment test. I informed him that I wasn't applying for the sales position but for the position of Employment Coordinator. He apologized and said that my information was categorized incorrectly and that I did in fact pass the assessment. The next question was 'How much are you making at your current job?' I told him and he said that the position only pays $11 an hour and that he didn't want to waste any more of my time. He thanked me for coming and I left.

Interview Question – None really. Only asked about my current salary   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TruGreen in June 2013.

Interview Details – Most of the Interview was the hiring manager bragging about himself. After he talked my ear off for about half an hour he asked me very simple questions he already would have known from my resume. I was then asked to take an online personality assessment and timed test. The base salary was under $20,000 / yr. The math he used to try and say I could make over $50,000 didn't add up and he could explain why it didn't. Overall a waste of my time.

Interview Question – Sell yourself to me. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in by a person from the Louisville office. He said he looked at my resume online and thought I would be a good fit for the company. I came in and interviewed with the Sales Manager. It was a very relaxing interview, there was no pressure, and no tension. Then I had a second interview with the General Manager. Same thing, very relaxed. After I was told I would get the job, I had to take a drug test and they had to do a criminal background check along with a driving check.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Lawn Technician Interview

Lawn Technician
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at TruGreen in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with 2 different people. Both were very friendly and informative.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.   View Answer

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Door to Door Sales Representative
Maple Grove, MN

I applied online - interviewed at TruGreen in April 2013.

Interview Details – It is a 5 part process. Phone interview, Online personality/skills test, 1st interview, 2nd interview and drug testing. Very relaxed and fun atmosphere. Every one is easy going and they are dedicated to providing excilent employees out in the public to boost a positive image.

After you get through the online interview/test, the rest is easy.

Interview Question – n/a. very simple process   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough income potential (24k salary + commission = avg. of 50k/yr
12-9pm with manditory saturdays