TruGreen

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TruGreen in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial Communication- Girl does not know the job in detail. She submits your resume and then you get call 1-1/2 weeks later. Waiting time 5 days. Then you get Personality profile test. 1 more week. Then interview.

Interview Question – Do you mind being Outdoors doing door to door Sales on Potential Customers' property?   View Answer

Bradenton, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview by a rep from their office after sending in an application. When i got there i found that they were screening quite a lot of persons over a number of days. Had to do online application on their system then i sat down for a one-on-one interview with a "manager" who seemed less than professional and read his questions from a booklet. the questions were good but just seemed like he was going through the motions. he told me the position is straight m-f 9-8 and sat 9-5 (or something like that), plus overtime if necessary. You get a minimal base salary (barely enough to cover the crazy hours you'd be working) and gas mileage. They offer some sales training daily also he said.

Interview Question – Give an example of how your marketing/idea has benefited your previous employer   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TruGreen in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was phone and asked to apply

Interview Question – Can you commit to a full season   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TruGreen in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very easy questions and it didn't last long. They act like they have high expectations, but it seemed too simple.

Interview Question – What would you say to a home owner after arriving at their home?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview Details – they found my resume on line and asked for an interview. My branch used a two interview process and included " sale my this pen" exercise". They prefer well spoken people who can convey the pitch to the everyday Joe. it was not hard to get hired as long as a person has some descent conversation skills besides talking slang,

Interview Question – Why should i hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate becuase i was out of work for a while.

Very Easy Interview

Freeland, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TruGreen in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a sales pitch that I fell into. I think they would hire anyone.

Interview Question – Do you have any sales experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Don't accept the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TruGreen

Worked for TruGreen? Contribute to the Community!

TruGreen Videos

TruGreen – Why Work for Us?

At TruGreen, you’ll see that you will find more career rewards – one lawn after another. Our employees work hard to do what’s best for their customers and along the way have found some pretty great opportunities for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TruGreen Outside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by TruGreen employees and interview candidates.