TruGreen Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.2

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at TruGreen.

Interview

The interview was quick and painless. You had to talk about your background a little bit. Answer a few questions and then prove you could do sales by pretending to sell a pen to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TruGreen

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TruGreen (Evansville, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty thorough, several how would you handle situation questions. Weather, Decline down time etc, Most of interview was whether or not you can handle the schedule and hours.Was told I would be called next week for second interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the door to door sale   1 Answer

The hours were going to be tough for me. m-f 11 to 7. Sat 9-3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TruGreen (Newport News, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was lively and informative about the company, but I was misled on the amount of door to door involved. I was told that we would start door to door about 1PM, go until about 4:30, then a break and back to the office for phone work. They want 110 knocks per day, and when you finish those, start over to try to get the ones who did not answer the first time. That stretches the day, unless you are an Olympic runner, to ten or more hours of door to door, and you had better know where the nearest bathroom is! Port-O-San units saved me many times. That is something I wish they had been honest about.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TruGreen (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Met Manager, very professional, got to the point. Issue was numbers did not add up on commission scale. Hiring manager was very upbeat on company. Benefits below national average. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TruGreen.

Interview

I had to go through three interviews. The first with a Field Sales Supervisor, next with the Sales Manager, then the last with the General Manager. Besides the local hospital this was the next hardest interview I have ever done.

Interview Questions

• I had to sell my interviewer which happened to be the sales manager and ink pen. I had no sales experience when I interviewed, although it would be a lot easier for me to do this now, at that time this was the most difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not offer me the job in person, they called like a day after my last interview to offer me the position. Once I accepted over the phone, they gave me a date to start work.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TruGreen (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Most of the Interview was the hiring manager bragging about himself. After he talked my ear off for about half an hour he asked me very simple questions he already would have known from my resume. I was then asked to take an online personality assessment and timed test. The base salary was under $20,000 / yr. The math he used to try and say I could make over $50,000 didn't add up and he could explain why it didn't. Overall a waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheat Ridge, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TruGreen (Wheat Ridge, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

After talking on the phone for 10 minutes, they invited me to interview. As long as I could speak to people, I was hired. This is a joke of an interview. They just need seat-fillers and anyone will do. Great for anyone in need of a job quickly - Bad for anyone who likes educated and talented co-workers. I worked with everyone from SEVERE drug addicts to PhDs.

Negotiation

I was stupid and didn't negotitate. Live and learn.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TruGreen (Louisville, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

I was called in by a person from the Louisville office. He said he looked at my resume online and thought I would be a good fit for the company. I came in and interviewed with the Sales Manager. It was a very relaxing interview, there was no pressure, and no tension. Then I had a second interview with the General Manager. Same thing, very relaxed. After I was told I would get the job, I had to take a drug test and they had to do a criminal background check along with a driving check.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TruGreen (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

i was called in after applying online. Met the branch manager, he interbiewd me onsite, after which he told me i had gotten the job. after which all i had to do was get a drug test. then the put you in a room and train you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TruGreen (Wixom, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received an email that asked me to come in for an orientation. Went to orientation and was told about drug screen, motor vehicle records and background check. Some candidates left after orientation. Had 1st interview that day with 4 or 5 simple questions. Setup 2nd interview for following day. 2nd interview about 1/2 hour with branch manager and he had 10 questions and asked me to fill out records release. We discussed pay and negotiated an increase of pay rate by 10%. 3rd interview was just a few minutes to collect drug test form. Following week had a 2 day training seminar with Taz. Job seems okay but the hours (12-9) are going to suck! 4 kids and a wife are going to miss out on Daddy during the year but looking forward to a winter weeks off. Commission AND base pay, so I know I will make good money, but family going to dislike hours.

Negotiation

Able to negotiate but only because I had extensive landscaping background