TruGreen Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN
Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TruGreen in February 2015.

Pretty thorough, several how would you handle situation questions. Weather, Decline down time etc,
Most of interview was whether or not you can handle the schedule and hours.Was told I would be called next week for second interview.

The hours were going to be tough for me. m-f 11 to 7. Sat 9-3

Other Interview Reviews for TruGreen

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied online – interviewed at TruGreen.

Met Manager, very professional, got to the point. Issue was numbers did not add up on commission scale. Hiring manager was very upbeat on company. Benefits below national average. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TruGreen.

I had to go through three interviews. The first with a Field Sales Supervisor, next with the Sales Manager, then the last with the General Manager. Besides the local hospital this was the next hardest interview I have ever done.

Interview Questions
    • I had to sell my interviewer which happened to be the sales manager and ink pen. I had no sales experience when I interviewed, although it would be a lot easier for me to do this now, at that time this was the most difficult for me.   Answer Question
    They did not offer me the job in person, they called like a day after my last interview to offer me the position. Once I accepted over the phone, they gave me a date to start work.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TruGreen in June 2013.

Most of the Interview was the hiring manager bragging about himself. After he talked my ear off for about half an hour he asked me very simple questions he already would have known from my resume. I was then asked to take an online personality assessment and timed test. The base salary was under $20,000 / yr. The math he used to try and say I could make over $50,000 didn't add up and he could explain why it didn't. Overall a waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheat Ridge, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheat Ridge, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TruGreen in March 2013.

After talking on the phone for 10 minutes, they invited me to interview. As long as I could speak to people, I was hired. This is a joke of an interview. They just need seat-fillers and anyone will do. Great for anyone in need of a job quickly - Bad for anyone who likes educated and talented co-workers. I worked with everyone from SEVERE drug addicts to PhDs.

I was stupid and didn't negotitate. Live and learn.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TruGreen in February 2013.

I was called in by a person from the Louisville office. He said he looked at my resume online and thought I would be a good fit for the company. I came in and interviewed with the Sales Manager. It was a very relaxing interview, there was no pressure, and no tension. Then I had a second interview with the General Manager. Same thing, very relaxed. After I was told I would get the job, I had to take a drug test and they had to do a criminal background check along with a driving check.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TruGreen in August 2012.

i was called in after applying online. Met the branch manager, he interbiewd me onsite, after which he told me i had gotten the job. after which all i had to do was get a drug test. then the put you in a room and train you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TruGreen in March 2011.

Applied online and received an email that asked me to come in for an orientation. Went to orientation and was told about drug screen, motor vehicle records and background check. Some candidates left after orientation. Had 1st interview that day with 4 or 5 simple questions. Setup 2nd interview for following day. 2nd interview about 1/2 hour with branch manager and he had 10 questions and asked me to fill out records release. We discussed pay and negotiated an increase of pay rate by 10%. 3rd interview was just a few minutes to collect drug test form. Following week had a 2 day training seminar with Taz. Job seems okay but the hours (12-9) are going to suck! 4 kids and a wife are going to miss out on Daddy during the year but looking forward to a winter weeks off. Commission AND base pay, so I know I will make good money, but family going to dislike hours.

Able to negotiate but only because I had extensive landscaping background

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at TruGreen in April 2011.

HR called based on Career site posting, went in the following day for 1 on 1 interview, the manager seemed more glad that I could walk and breath, no concise sales related questions assuming that resume was sufficient. Was asked when I could start after 5 minutes of being in the room this was a red flag. Very unprofessional interview, the focus was on the pay with unrealistic commission structure based on the seasonality of the services which is in reference to lawn care.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work 50+ hours weekly   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to drive your personal vehicle in performing the job   View Answer

Too many indicators regarding their management style and attitude towards the sales staff (micro managing)

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at TruGreen in January 2008.

I drove around looking for a job and saw a now hiring sign. I basically walked in said i wanted to apply and had an interview on the spot and was hired on a Friday and was told to come in on Monday.