True Automation

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Plano, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at True Automation in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was ridiculous! No questions about what I knew, no question regarding skill level, or how long I've been in the industry. It was basically a personality test. If you make them smile, or laugh you get hired. Its as simple as that! It sad that the management was not even interested in knowing if you could do the job or not, just if you would fit with the employee culture. No wonder the company can't turn a good product...more interested in going to lunch with you than making a good company!

Interview Question – What type of worker are you... individual or team player.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Plano, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at True Automation in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was, quite frankly, a joke. It was way too easy. I could have had absolutely no real background in software development and would have gotten hired.

I got this interview through a staffing agency. There was no phone interview, I went straight to an in-person interview at True Automation's Plano office. One person at a time came to interview me. I spoke with about 3-4 people. Mostly they evaluated my personality. There was no technical test to work on, I did a few whiteboard problems and that was it.

They did not have a real interview plan. They structured their interview dynamically based on each candidate. The position I applied for was for C# .NET, but because I had a C++ background and mentioned that in the interview, the interview from that point forward contained nothing but C++ questions. They didn't even test my knowledge of C# ... lol.

The negative about the interview being so simple is that they could hire completely unqualified candidates (which they did).

Interview Question – Sorry, I don't remember the questions... however they were all either about C++ or personality traits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My offer was non-negotiable because I had gone through a staffing agency. I recommend avoiding staffing agencies. If you go to them directly you will be in a better position to negotiate your income, you might even nail a full time position instead of being contract if that is what you want.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for True Automation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at True Automation interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by True Automation employees and interview candidates.