True Partners Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at True Partners Consulting in March 2015.

There were just basic behavioral questions. I had to go through 6 interviews. I went through 2 rounds of interviews and was introduced through career fair. We interviewed, then mingled, and had lunch with interns and interviewers.

Tax Consultant Interview

I apply through our college career center. Actually I attend job fair that is why i got my interview on campus.
    The interviewer is a partner who is really nice to everybody. I did ask about my friends they have no idea about the result of their interview. This guy is not following standard interview questions, such as tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume. He did not ask any behavior questions either. We just talk about my interest on international tax and future opportunities in this practice area. We talk about my personal interest and just a little about my current job.

Unfortunately, I did not get opportunity to the 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions
    • I would say he ask me about what do you do if you get this internship ( because i have a part time job at that time). I think I did bad for this question.   Answer Question

Unclaimed Property Consultant Interview

interviewed at True Partners Consulting in October 2014.

I got the interview at the career center on campus. A senior manager interviewed me. He asked me 4-5 questions based on my resume. No trick questions. It took only about 20 minutes. It was my first interview and I was super nervous. I guess that's one of the reason I got rejected.

Unclaimed Property Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at True Partners Consulting in September 2014.

Contacted recruiters at campus career fair in the fall of 2014. Discussed some aspects of the job with one of the associates, and exchanged information. Ended up securing an interview the following week. Interview was very relaxed. Basically just asked me to go through my resume and we just talked about myself and the company the remainder of the time. No other questions followed. Interviewer was very calming and friendly.

Tax Intern Interview

interviewed with a tax partner through campus recruiting

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at True Partners Consulting in September 2013.

Had an initial phone screening where they went over the structure of the company, the details of the position and my related experience. Invited for an in-office interview. They scheduled three candidates to interview at the same time. We each met with a separate staff member for 30 minutes and then switched.

Interview Questions
    • The questions generally were nothing out of the ordinary. The interview was more conversational than a hypothetical question and answer. Typical questions were how would you prepare for this type of case or how would you handle a dissatisfied client?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Consultant Interview

On campus interview with a senior consultant. Interview is mainly about behavioral questions. For example, why tax not auditing; why choose True Partners; What working experience do you have. The whole process was quite casual and the interviewer was very friendly. It was like a chat.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at True Partners Consulting in October 2012.

On campus interview. The first question is to ask me about TCP's website design and why do I want to work there.
    Asked me about three accomplishments I achieved
    Ask about my conflict with my co-workers and how to solve it.
    Ask my internship experience with financial services
    What do I know about tax
    The whole interview is about 45 minutes

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at True Partners Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through campus career services. First round interview was on campus. Interview was mostly conversational tone, very easy to talk to interviewer. Asked questions about how I heard of the firm, why I chose accounting as a major, why I am interested in tax over audit.

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at True Partners Consulting in September 2012.

Got through 1st Round interview- they asked me simple questions regarding schoolwork, what did I like about tax, what did I know about their company etc etc.
    Process lasted about 30 minutes, told me they would give me a call/email if I made it to second round.
    Got one next day, will be going to second round interview soon on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding federal tax laws and individual taxation   Answer Question