True Religion Apparel

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at True Religion Apparel (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty smooth and did not take much time. I applied online on a Tuesday, they got back to me the next day, and I had an interview scheduled that same week. The manager at the location I went to was very nice and friendly, she made it very easy to open up to her and have a genuine interview with her. I was not able to get a job offer due to my limited availability.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the right candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at True Religion Apparel in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later the hiring manager called me to set up an interview. The interview last 20 minutes, with easy questions. The manager walked me through how everything would go and told me I could start training that weekend. Never heard anything else.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Absolutely horrible. The interviewer was the rudest. It was an over the phone interview and she called me a hour before the initial time given. I still love the brand and it doesn't sway me from the company I just believe she was not properly trained on how to conduct herself as an interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gotten into it with a fellow employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at True Religion Apparel (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I believe 5 days later, I got a call to come in. I had 3 interviews that day and I actually had to leave the first one early for True Religion. I had to try on an outfit and then "sell" it to the manager. She then asked about previous experience and basically said they need people and we will have you do paperwork. A week later I got an official job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at True Religion Apparel.

Interview

I was put forward for this role by a recruiter, and was warned that they had sent many designers therir way - to which they were not satisfied with any. The member from the design team that interviewed me was a little stand-offish and set an uncomfortable tone. When he noticed on my resume that I had bookbinding listed as a skill set, he asked if I had any samples on-hand to show him, and was visibly disappointed when I didn't. Bizarrely, while he was very interested in the bookbinding, he turned me down to the recruiter because he wanted someone with "more video editing capabilities." I think they were clearly trying to find a jack of all trades, with unrealistic expectations. In the end, I think I would have turned down the role if it had been offered to me, partially because his negative attitude did not leave me with a great impression of what the working environment with the brand would be like.

Interview Questions

• He wanted very detailed explanations for each portfolio piece I showed, down to very fine points (i.e. on an advertisement, he asked "did you retouch the image yourself? How did you do it? Which tools in photoshop did you use?)   2 Answers

Key Holder Interview

Interview

All the hiring is done online. You first need to go online and see where is hiring, fill out an applications and then call they store and set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked the normal questions. It was more about them getting to know you rather than being asked questions.   Answer Question

Stock Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at True Religion Apparel.

Interview

I was put in a group interview. Originally I applied for a stock lead and thought the interview was for that position. However with the seasons they assumed everyone there was applying for a seasonal part time job. I completed the group interview and was offered the job on the spot. I then brought up the main reason I was there was for stock lead. They told me I would haft to go through another interview the next week with the district manager. I have called multiple times to set up the interview and they say they will call me back. I then received a call from them telling me to come in and fill out my new hire paperwork. The same managers were still clueless about the stock lead position and said that I can discuss it with them when I come in. Overall, very friendly staff but not so knowledgeable when it comes to getting stuff done in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• If a customer Is upset about something how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to the company that would make us want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a very busy environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still waiting on taking over the lead position.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy group interview. Just ask basic questions; why do you want to work here, what motivates you?
    Go well dressed. Even though it may be a jean store, and the fashion of the store is laid back and casual, first impressions do matter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at True Religion Apparel (Plantation, FL).

Interview

The Hiring manager Eric was very nice and easy to work with he truly should be a manager of one of there stores. The manager of the store was alittle hard to work with and some what intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What race would you look out for when it comes to shoplifting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was like this is what where going to pay you and that was it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Meet with the Store Manager at the Mall to apply for the position and had an impromptu interview on the spot. She ended up scheduling a second interview with the District Manager within the following week. It took a total of approximately three week to have a final decision and was made an offer.