True Religion Apparel Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.3

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at True Religion Apparel.

I was put forward for this role by a recruiter, and was warned that they had sent many designers therir way - to which they were not satisfied with any. The member from the design team that interviewed me was a little stand-offish and set an uncomfortable tone. When he noticed on my resume that I had bookbinding listed as a skill set, he asked if I had any samples on-hand to show him, and was visibly disappointed when I didn't. Bizarrely, while he was very interested in the bookbinding, he turned me down to the recruiter because he wanted someone with "more video editing capabilities." I think they were clearly trying to find a jack of all trades, with unrealistic expectations. In the end, I think I would have turned down the role if it had been offered to me, partially because his negative attitude did not leave me with a great impression of what the working environment with the brand would be like.

Interview Questions
    • He wanted very detailed explanations for each portfolio piece I showed, down to very fine points (i.e. on an advertisement, he asked "did you retouch the image yourself? How did you do it? Which tools in photoshop did you use?)   View Answers (2)

Key Holder Interview

All the hiring is done online. You first need to go online and see where is hiring, fill out an applications and then call they store and set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the normal questions. It was more about them getting to know you rather than being asked questions.   Answer Question

Stock Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at True Religion Apparel.

I was put in a group interview. Originally I applied for a stock lead and thought the interview was for that position. However with the seasons they assumed everyone there was applying for a seasonal part time job. I completed the group interview and was offered the job on the spot. I then brought up the main reason I was there was for stock lead. They told me I would haft to go through another interview the next week with the district manager. I have called multiple times to set up the interview and they say they will call me back. I then received a call from them telling me to come in and fill out my new hire paperwork. The same managers were still clueless about the stock lead position and said that I can discuss it with them when I come in. Overall, very friendly staff but not so knowledgeable when it comes to getting stuff done in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer Is upset about something how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to the company that would make us want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a very busy environment?   Answer Question
    I am still waiting on taking over the lead position.

Cashier Interview

Easy group interview. Just ask basic questions; why do you want to work here, what motivates you?
    Go well dressed. Even though it may be a jean store, and the fashion of the store is laid back and casual, first impressions do matter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at True Religion Apparel.

The Hiring manager Eric was very nice and easy to work with he truly should be a manager of one of there stores. The manager of the store was alittle hard to work with and some what intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • What race would you look out for when it comes to shoplifting.   View Answer
    It was like this is what where going to pay you and that was it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Meet with the Store Manager at the Mall to apply for the position and had an impromptu interview on the spot. She ended up scheduling a second interview with the District Manager within the following week. It took a total of approximately three week to have a final decision and was made an offer.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Pump, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Short Pump, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at True Religion Apparel in May 2014.

I applied for True Religion sometime in early May and about a week later I received a call from the hiring manager for an interview. The interview was a panel interview, with one interviewer and three interviewees. Given my previous experience in apparel sales I was confident in my chances. My suggestion is to dress as impressively as possible and be confident in yourself, and since you're in a group interview try to show some enthusiasm by answering as many questions as possible before the other candidates. Be outgoing but don't appear fake and disingenuous and have your answers prepared in advance so you can be as thorough as possible and you'll be fine.

Best of luck and you'll be just fine, just keep calm, cool, and have fun.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite color and why?
      Do you have any knowledge of loss prevention?
      The rest are pretty standard and easy enough to find( customers,past experience, etc)

View Answer

I declined as I had multiple applications at numerous other facilities and another one called which offered more money; otherwise I would've definitely accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at True Religion Apparel.

Dropped off resume to Store Manager, received a call back for an interview a few weeks later. Came in store for interview, about a week later received a job offer. I know now that some stores (not all) will send you a letter in the mail if they are not interested.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to choose True Religion? What does the brand mean to you?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at True Religion Apparel in August 2013.

was interviewed by 2 store managers and then the DM and never heard anything back after.

Sales Associate Interview

2 interviews are held. one is a group interview, if selected you go on to a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question is that they ask you what your favorite pair of jeans from them so be familiar with their merchandise.   Answer Question