True Religion Apparel

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlantic City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in April 2012.

Interview Details – One interview consisting of detail open ended questions about sales experience and outgoing personality qualities. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and I had plenty of opportunity to ask questions about compensation and benefits to working for the organization.

Interview Question – How can you sell a product you have no knowledge of its specifics.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, position offered after two days

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at True Religion Apparel.

Interview Details – Dropped off resume to Store Manager, received a call back for an interview a few weeks later. Came in store for interview, about a week later received a job offer. I know now that some stores (not all) will send you a letter in the mail if they are not interested.

Interview Question – What made you want to choose True Religion? What does the brand mean to you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at True Religion Apparel

Interview Details – 2 interviews are held. one is a group interview, if selected you go on to a one on one interview.

Interview Question – An unexpected question is that they ask you what your favorite pair of jeans from them so be familiar with their merchandise.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was a customer at the store where I now work so it was relatively easy when I walked in the door looking for a job. I was referred by another sales associate so this gave me credibility. I was interviewed the following day after I submitted my application and started work two days later. I have come to realize that most sales associates are hired around Thanksgiving.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for True Religion?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in April 2013.

Interview Details – I initially called the store to inquire about job openings. They had called me a year ago about a job opening but unfortunately, I had already found a job as soon as they gave me a call. This time around I pursued them and had talked to one of the managers who encouraged me to come in with my resume. I stopped in the next day, handed in my resume, and as soon as I walked out, I received a call asking to interview with me by that weekend. I was thrilled to interview and when I arrived at my interview that weekend, my interviewer was the same manager I handed my application to. Immediately, we clicked, as we shared the same work experiences and could relate in many ways. I walked away very confident that I nailed the job based on my extensive sales experience, the fact that I had a proven track record in doubling (even tripling my sales), and my brand loyalty/knowledge of True Religion. I was looking forward to hearing back from the store manager within a few days to confirm the position. It's been three weeks and I haven't heard back. I'm actually very disappointed, they were so eager to hire me straight off the bat, twice, but was unexpectedly turned down.

Interview Question – Name a time when your integrity was questioned?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in August 2011.

Interview Details – Sent the direct store my resume and application
Took a couple weeks to have them respond to my resume and hire me
Took me outside the store to a bench in the mall for the interview

Interview Question – How many years has TR been a company
How many stores does TR have
Stupid questions like that were asked
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I've read before that pay is negotiable , but for me it was not.

Very Easy Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in September 2011.

Interview Details – Simple interview. The manager asked questions about myself and work experience. She then asked me what I knew about True Religion. The interview only lasted about 5 minutes.

Interview Question – Do you know anything about True Religion in the stock markets?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very quick fast and easy. A week after I put in my resume I had my first day. Interview was straight forward and to the point,

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in December 2011.

Interview Details – It did not last long. It was based on previous experience and what I would like to do after I graduate college. Questions were asked about what I know of the company and how I would help the company to grow. I was told basic information that I did not know about True Religion as well.

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself with the company?   Answer Question

Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in May 2010.

Interview Details – simple typical retail questions.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, got what i asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at True Religion Apparel

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at True Religion Apparel Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by True Religion Apparel employees and interview candidates.