True Religion Apparel

2.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in May 2012.

The interview process was very laid back. It was very easy and the questions were straightforward. I was asked if I had any other retail experience, and if I wore true religion apparel.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions were expected. For example, I was asked when I would be available to work.   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate since it was an hourly wage job and there was commission.

Other Interview Reviews for True Religion Apparel

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlantic City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in April 2012.

One interview consisting of detail open ended questions about sales experience and outgoing personality qualities. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and I had plenty of opportunity to ask questions about compensation and benefits to working for the organization.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell a product you have no knowledge of its specifics.   View Answer
    No negotiation, position offered after two days

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at True Religion Apparel.

Dropped off resume to Store Manager, received a call back for an interview a few weeks later. Came in store for interview, about a week later received a job offer. I know now that some stores (not all) will send you a letter in the mail if they are not interested.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to choose True Religion? What does the brand mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

2 interviews are held. one is a group interview, if selected you go on to a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question is that they ask you what your favorite pair of jeans from them so be familiar with their merchandise.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in November 2012.

I was a customer at the store where I now work so it was relatively easy when I walked in the door looking for a job. I was referred by another sales associate so this gave me credibility. I was interviewed the following day after I submitted my application and started work two days later. I have come to realize that most sales associates are hired around Thanksgiving.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in April 2013.

I initially called the store to inquire about job openings. They had called me a year ago about a job opening but unfortunately, I had already found a job as soon as they gave me a call. This time around I pursued them and had talked to one of the managers who encouraged me to come in with my resume. I stopped in the next day, handed in my resume, and as soon as I walked out, I received a call asking to interview with me by that weekend. I was thrilled to interview and when I arrived at my interview that weekend, my interviewer was the same manager I handed my application to. Immediately, we clicked, as we shared the same work experiences and could relate in many ways. I walked away very confident that I nailed the job based on my extensive sales experience, the fact that I had a proven track record in doubling (even tripling my sales), and my brand loyalty/knowledge of True Religion. I was looking forward to hearing back from the store manager within a few days to confirm the position. It's been three weeks and I haven't heard back. I'm actually very disappointed, they were so eager to hire me straight off the bat, twice, but was unexpectedly turned down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in August 2011.

Sent the direct store my resume and application
    Took a couple weeks to have them respond to my resume and hire me
    Took me outside the store to a bench in the mall for the interview

Interview Questions
    • How many years has TR been a company
      How many stores does TR have
      Stupid questions like that were asked
        Answer Question
    I've read before that pay is negotiable , but for me it was not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in September 2011.

Simple interview. The manager asked questions about myself and work experience. She then asked me what I knew about True Religion. The interview only lasted about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about True Religion in the stock markets?   Answer Question
    None. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in September 2011.

Very quick fast and easy. A week after I put in my resume I had my first day. Interview was straight forward and to the point,

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at True Religion Apparel in December 2011.

It did not last long. It was based on previous experience and what I would like to do after I graduate college. Questions were asked about what I know of the company and how I would help the company to grow. I was told basic information that I did not know about True Religion as well.

Interview Questions

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!