True Value

2.8

Inventory Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at True Value in August 2014.

Applied online and received call to come in to interview on the following day. After interview I was told not to expect a call until after the following week. Received letter in mail not a call.

Interview Questions
    • Are you involved with any charities or have you been involved with any charities in the past?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at True Value.

I was an Intern at True Value for about 12 weeks. Towards the end of the internship, I was able to interview for a full-time position after graduation. There was only one interview with a few of the directors of the department.

The Talent Management Team was very helpful throughtout the process. They gave me the necessary tools that were needed in order to be successful in the interview. The questions were mostly behavior based, and if you have any retail and/or leadership experience in college, then you shouldn't have any worries!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to analyze a specific problem and take us step by step on how you analyzed and solved the problem.   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at True Value.

The hiring process was great. True Value asked me behavorial questions, and were very straight forward on what they expected. The HR staff here is extremely helpful and answers questions completely without being evasive. Great company to work for without a doubt. Take full advantage of the college recruiting and DO NOT pass up mock interviews at your college.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you are prepared to answer any sort of questions, you'll be fine. I suggest thinking about how you were an impact on previous jobs or during group work in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at True Value in October 2013.

sat asked for resume and asked many behavior questions

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you disagreed with an employee and how did you go about it ?   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at True Value.

One of the recruiters was very rude. I didn't feel comfortable because of their attitudes during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • It's pretty typical, tell me about yourself, how do you maintain/develop relationship with other professionals, etc   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selah, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at True Value in December 2012.

Generally you're interviewed by the owner and the "HR" manager, they ask very broad and general questions that anyone can answer if you've had any kind of experience. Be sure to talk to only the "HR" manager as the other managers will blow you off. Be sure to talk to him personally or your application will get lost on his desk

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you either take their offer or you wont get the job. They assume they can find anyone to do the job and quality doesn't matter to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at True Value in December 2012.

Initially chosen for an interview through college recruiting. Went through a 1-on-1 interview with HR on campus, entirely behavioral questions, and was then contacted several weeks later for a day of interviewing at corporate. I interviewed with several directors in inventory planning, followed by several business process managers - everyone was very clear about their expectations and what they were looking for. They were also honest with opportunities for movement within the company and the structure of the job. Overall pleasant experience! I received a call a week later with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How are you analytical - what sort of skills do you use, how do you analyze a difficult situation or set of numbers?   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at True Value in June 2012.

this company discriminates so if you are from another country and have an accent please dont apply here! the guy call me and told me to come down for an interview but as soon as he notice my accent he told me you know what this is not going to work out and hang on me! I was shock in all my years as a worker nobody ever did that to me! if you want to be consider and respected in a job this is not the kind of job!

Interview Questions
    • is wasn't a question it was more like they didn't like my accent   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at True Value in October 2010.

Campus Interview: They scheduled me for a campus interview and they had 13 interview slots on-campus. Interview lasted about 45 minutes (6-7 behavioral questions) with the director and another inventory planner in the room. At the end of the interview I was told they will let me know within 1-2 weeks if they want me to go further in the interviewing process. 3 Weeks went by and I had to contact them to ask if they had decided on me. They should let candidates know if they want them or not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to tackle a problem and solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to do something beyond your responsibility to finish a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at True Value in January 2010.

2 interviews, one on campus and one at the corporate headquarters. 3 panel interviews at corporate, had to basically say the same thing to each group of people. No skills test or anything objective. Also got a tour of the building and met a recent grad who was working at the position I was applying for

Interview Questions

They offered me 43,000 per year and refused to negotiate. That is honestly pretty insulting considering what the typical offer is for that position in other companies (usually between 55,000 and 60,000) and the extremely high standard of living in Chicago and Cook County in general.