True Value Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.6

Administrative Assistant - Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Rc'vd email requesting date/time available for interview with request to complete 'personality check' form online. Completed form and ten seconds later got decline notice and that position had been filled. Position still posted on their site for three months. Contact refuses to answer email messages or phone calls - staying away from this failing company is the best solution.

Interview Questions

• Personality form online continued to ask whether I was 'ethnic' or 'female'   Answer Question

Inventory Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at True Value (Harvard, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received call to come in to interview on the following day. After interview I was told not to expect a call until after the following week. Received letter in mail not a call.

Interview Questions

• Are you involved with any charities or have you been involved with any charities in the past?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at True Value (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. Straight to the point questions. Not much of an interview, it was more along the lines of a chit chat to see my personality. I was referred to by an employee and also they needed someone in quick to full the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was an Intern at True Value for about 12 weeks. Towards the end of the internship, I was able to interview for a full-time position after graduation. There was only one interview with a few of the directors of the department. The Talent Management Team was very helpful throughtout the process. They gave me the necessary tools that were needed in order to be successful in the interview. The questions were mostly behavior based, and if you have any retail and/or leadership experience in college, then you shouldn't have any worries!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to analyze a specific problem and take us step by step on how you analyzed and solved the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at True Value.

Interview

The hiring process was great. True Value asked me behavorial questions, and were very straight forward on what they expected. The HR staff here is extremely helpful and answers questions completely without being evasive. Great company to work for without a doubt. Take full advantage of the college recruiting and DO NOT pass up mock interviews at your college.

Interview Questions

• As long as you are prepared to answer any sort of questions, you'll be fine. I suggest thinking about how you were an impact on previous jobs or during group work in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at True Value (DeKalb, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

sat asked for resume and asked many behavior questions

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you disagreed with an employee and how did you go about it ?   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at True Value.

Interview

One of the recruiters was very rude. I didn't feel comfortable because of their attitudes during the interview.

Interview Questions

• It's pretty typical, tell me about yourself, how do you maintain/develop relationship with other professionals, etc   Answer Question

True Value Response

May 1, 2015 – Sr Recruiting Consultant

We work very hard to ensure everyone that interviews for a job at True Value is treated professionally and any additional feedback that would help us correct the negative experience you had would be ... More

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Selah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at True Value (Selah, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Generally you're interviewed by the owner and the "HR" manager, they ask very broad and general questions that anyone can answer if you've had any kind of experience. Be sure to talk to only the "HR" manager as the other managers will blow you off. Be sure to talk to him personally or your application will get lost on his desk

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you either take their offer or you wont get the job. They assume they can find anyone to do the job and quality doesn't matter to them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Initially chosen for an interview through college recruiting. Went through a 1-on-1 interview with HR on campus, entirely behavioral questions, and was then contacted several weeks later for a day of interviewing at corporate. I interviewed with several directors in inventory planning, followed by several business process managers - everyone was very clear about their expectations and what they were looking for. They were also honest with opportunities for movement within the company and the structure of the job. Overall pleasant experience! I received a call a week later with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How are you analytical - what sort of skills do you use, how do you analyze a difficult situation or set of numbers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at True Value (Syracuse, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

this company discriminates so if you are from another country and have an accent please dont apply here! the guy call me and told me to come down for an interview but as soon as he notice my accent he told me you know what this is not going to work out and hang on me! I was shock in all my years as a worker nobody ever did that to me! if you want to be consider and respected in a job this is not the kind of job!

Interview Questions

• is wasn't a question it was more like they didn't like my accent   1 Answer