TrueBlue Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.8

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TrueBlue (Tacoma, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the staffing firm that was representing the position and was initially asked to do a phone screen, but TrueBlue skipped that and brought me straight in for a face-to-face. I initially interviewed with the Director of the group and was asked some very general tech questions. After that, I had an in depth technical interview with their Network Architect, which went very well and then a final wrap up with the VP.

About an hour after I left, I got a call from the staffing agency with an offer, which I accepted with a start date a week later. I in turn declined 2 other offers I had on the table. I met with the staffing agency the following day (which was a Friday) to fill out paperwork.

Over the weekend I am told that the there was some discussion between the VP and Director, and I got a call that Monday morning from the staffing agency saying that TrueBlue had rescinded the offer, even though my background check had come back 100% clean, all of my references had checked out, stating that they "chose to go in another direction".

While any company is within their legal rights to rescind an offer before a start date, this is *extremely unprofessional*, particularly when there is not cause such as a reference problem or an issue with a background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about stepping from working for very large companies to a mid-size company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TrueBlue.

Interview

Interview with recruiter was chaotic. I don't believe that the recruiter had a good sense of the position that they were recruiting for as I found the questions asked were unrelated to the type of work. When asked a question regarding how I applied a particular methodology to a project, the recruiter did not wait for my entire answer. Instead they cut me off and moved on to the next question. At that point I realized there was no point in me continuing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on and your role within that project.   Answer Question

Centralized Services Representives Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TrueBlue.

Interview

Super easy, What was your most stressful work situation? How do you work is a fast-paced environment? They have you do a simple assessment for to proof data entry. Job offer on the spot.

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TrueBlue (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They put out random adds in LinkedIn, Indeed, Etc. When you "apply" you will get no response, rather you'll get an auto-generated email from a "Executive Director of HR" asking you to schedule a phone interview. If you try to ask them questions they will ignore you and another auto-generated email will ask again for you to schedule a phone interview. They appear to have no idea of what a good customer experience is and I could only imagine how you're treated if/when you work for them. There are too many good employment agencies out there so don't waste your time on this one.

Interview Questions

• Is this place worth wasting your time?   1 Answer

IT Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TrueBlue (Tacoma, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

Was given a brief, pre-qualifying interview over the phone. Was asked for availability to come in for a face-to-face.

I was interviewed by three supervisors. They asked basic PC support questions about troubleshooting and some customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you think you're qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pay scale was USD $15.50 - 16.50 hourly. They told me when I came in to fill out my tax employment paperwork, that I would be receiving the top end of the pay scale.