Trulia Inside Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trulia in March 2012.

I applied to Trulia online and received a message from their HR department the same day. I returned the call, but got voicemail and left a message. No response. I called and left two more messages. Finally, another person from their HR department contacted me and we agreed to a time to discuss this position.

He made sure I was aware of and ok with the details of the probation period (someone else has listed in the review - yup, the numbers 90 and 25 should mean something to you). He asked me a few behavioral questions over the phone then had me complete two online exams which focused on personality then if I knew how to spell and do basic math.

We set up an in person interview with one of the sales supervisors. I was uneasy that they couldn't tell me who I was going to meet with as I usually like to prepare doing some online research of the person. I arrived to the interview - the office seemed pretty energetic, fun and young. I met with one of the sales supervisors and it had seemed if she never had seen my resume before or ever interviewed anyone before. She read the same exact questions the HR manager asked me over the phone off of a piece of paper, then wrote down my answers verbatim.

Needless to say, I knew I didn't want the job and ultimately went to the interview for the experience. This job is perfect for someone who is right out of college or someone who is completely desperate. Lucky for me, I am neither.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about how you may have bent the rules in the past to accomplish your goal or meet your deadline.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Trulia

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trulia in April 2010.

I applied online, heard back pretty quick asking if I could start training like 2 weeks after the email. Replied that I had prior commitments (finishing up school), and that it wouldn't be possible. Heard nothing for about two weeks. Finally got a reply after a long wait, asking if we could talk on the phone. Got to the phone interview, very standard. Interviewer started every question with the "Now let me ask you this....". Such poor people skills for a recruiter kind of drove me away from the job. Got an email a couple days saying it had been alternately filled.

Interview Questions

Worked for Trulia? Contribute to the Community!