Trulia Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.6

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trulia.

Interview

If your looking to get a sales job, sell your self and close them on why you can add value to the sales team. Research as much as you can on the company and what they have to offer as a product.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trulia

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trulia.

Interview

A few interviews. usually one day. met a few of the managers. Sat with a co-worker for a while to get the feel for the job. If you are articulate and can sell, you can get a job here.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trulia (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Normal questions added with the a couple, ridiculous role playing nonsense. Sat with another Sales Rep to listen in on a call. The managers are walking around and act like the call center managers on Slum Dog Millionaire.

Interview Questions

• sell me something question/quiz   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trulia (Denver, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

I have a friend that works for them as a sales rep. He raves all the time about how its the company in the freaking world to work for! About how they get free snakes and soda in the break room. And the ping pong turny's?! I applied online on their site and received an email right away (fyi its an auto generated email.) I was contacted by phone about a week later for a First interview. I had a million and one question about the position that the recruiter couldn't or wouldn't answer. I was really suspicious at first after here a few things from my friend. In my 10+ years in sales I have sat through to many ripoff report interviews. I got that vibe. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early. Sat in the lobby for almost an hour before I was greeted by anyone. The interview was very unprofessional the recruiter is clueless and still wouldn't answer any questions. Continued to my second interview the same day however was told to come back in two hours. This was a big inconvenience to me since the office was a good distance from my home. I sat in the car.... My second interview was with the "sales manager" who gave me a tour of their "cutting edge office!". Followed by a shadowing with their "top agent". At the end of the interview they told me not to count on getting the position because they are "super picky" which i couldn't help but laugh at being that I was way over qualified for the position. From what I heard listen to their "top agent" doing what he thought was selling. I almost felt like taking his headset to show him how a really shark sells! Wish I would have.The whole staff is way to lacks and unprofessional. I was told they would contact me the next business day with their decision. I wasn't surprised when they didn't call. I'm sorry I even wasted my time. You shouldn't either.

Interview Questions

• The classic "Sell me this pen" gig.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trulia (Denver, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

A friend of mine recommended that I apply to Trulia. A day after I applied I had already received an e-mail telling me about the next steps in the process. After a quick survey online they called me later that day to schedule an interview. I went in the next day for the interview. The place was bustling with lots of young people. Not a very professional atmosphere. I was called in to interview with a manager. She was very nice and polite but not very personable. All the questions she asked were off a piece of paper and she wrote down everything I said word for word. She then congratulated me on passing the first interview and asked if I wanted to shadow a worker to see what the day to day life was like at Trulia. I was led into a huge call center type of room. Lots of different types of people just sitting down looking pretty stressed out. I knew immediately the job wasn't for me. I was then basically jumped by two managers who took me into another office and started asking me more interview questions. They both reeked of cheesy shady salesmen. One guy got insulted when I said it's a "cool call center" He immediately defended Trulia saying that it is not a call center... Yeah right buddy.... After all was said and done I received an e-mail later that day saying they decided to move forward with other candidates. It was a great choice! I would only work for this company if I had nothing and I mean NOTHING else going on and was in desperate need of money.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trulia (Englewood, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Fill out application online, if you qualify you get an interview

Interview Questions

• The interview was reasonable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trulia (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

HR sent me an email with dates to choose from with a 2 hour interview block. The interview did not take that long and it was a bit misleading. I met with 2 people from the sales department. Everyone in the office was nice and cordial, but the interview questions were a bit condescending and quite frankly redundant. I didn't feel it highlighted any of my skills and the skills needed for this job. I later found it was a low paying, entry level position. I was given a tour of the sales department and sure enough it was reflected that the company utilizes new grads and entry level job seekers to sell their business services, as opposed to using talented account executives. I did ask a lot of questions about the job, it's requirements and room for advancement. I found there is not much room for advancement in or out of this department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what question you expected us to ask you, and then answer that question for us.   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you dealt with a difficult client. (Lots of behavior questions).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trulia (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process went very quickly. Applied off website and had interview within a week. There were two seperate interviews. The first was with 3 other candidates. The 2nd was with a sales manager. I did not get a good vibe from the current employees that they were happy with what they were doing.

Interview Questions

• Sales manager didn't have a firm grasp of that Trulia was trying to accomplish which was very disappointing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trulia (Centennial, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Simple, had you sell a pen- other than that, very typical questions - why do you want to work here? What's your ideal work environment? It was a one-on-one with the direct supervisor. I initially started with a phone interview and brought in a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, accepted offer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trulia (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Called in for an interview which consisted of myself and another applicant being interviewed by 3-4 managers. Very nice office, interview with another applicant was a little unusual. Definitely be prepared for sales questions and questions on your sales background.