Trulia Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2014

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Trulia.

A few interviews. usually one day. met a few of the managers. Sat with a co-worker for a while to get the feel for the job. If you are articulate and can sell, you can get a job here.

Other Interview Reviews for Trulia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Trulia in April 2014.

Normal questions added with the a couple, ridiculous role playing nonsense. Sat with another Sales Rep to listen in on a call. The managers are walking around and act like the call center managers on Slum Dog Millionaire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Trulia in November 2012.

I have a friend that works for them as a sales rep. He raves all the time about how its the company in the freaking world to work for! About how they get free snakes and soda in the break room. And the ping pong turny's?! I applied online on their site and received an email right away (fyi its an auto generated email.) I was contacted by phone about a week later for a First interview. I had a million and one question about the position that the recruiter couldn't or wouldn't answer. I was really suspicious at first after here a few things from my friend. In my 10+ years in sales I have sat through to many ripoff report interviews. I got that vibe. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early. Sat in the lobby for almost an hour before I was greeted by anyone. The interview was very unprofessional the recruiter is clueless and still wouldn't answer any questions. Continued to my second interview the same day however was told to come back in two hours. This was a big inconvenience to me since the office was a good distance from my home. I sat in the car.... My second interview was with the "sales manager" who gave me a tour of their "cutting edge office!". Followed by a shadowing with their "top agent". At the end of the interview they told me not to count on getting the position because they are "super picky" which i couldn't help but laugh at being that I was way over qualified for the position. From what I heard listen to their "top agent" doing what he thought was selling. I almost felt like taking his headset to show him how a really shark sells! Wish I would have.The whole staff is way to lacks and unprofessional. I was told they would contact me the next business day with their decision. I wasn't surprised when they didn't call. I'm sorry I even wasted my time. You shouldn't either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Trulia in July 2012.

A friend of mine recommended that I apply to Trulia. A day after I applied I had already received an e-mail telling me about the next steps in the process. After a quick survey online they called me later that day to schedule an interview. I went in the next day for the interview. The place was bustling with lots of young people. Not a very professional atmosphere. I was called in to interview with a manager. She was very nice and polite but not very personable. All the questions she asked were off a piece of paper and she wrote down everything I said word for word. She then congratulated me on passing the first interview and asked if I wanted to shadow a worker to see what the day to day life was like at Trulia. I was led into a huge call center type of room. Lots of different types of people just sitting down looking pretty stressed out. I knew immediately the job wasn't for me. I was then basically jumped by two managers who took me into another office and started asking me more interview questions. They both reeked of cheesy shady salesmen. One guy got insulted when I said it's a "cool call center" He immediately defended Trulia saying that it is not a call center... Yeah right buddy.... After all was said and done I received an e-mail later that day saying they decided to move forward with other candidates. It was a great choice! I would only work for this company if I had nothing and I mean NOTHING else going on and was in desperate need of money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Trulia in December 2011.

Fill out application online, if you qualify you get an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Trulia in October 2011.

HR sent me an email with dates to choose from with a 2 hour interview block. The interview did not take that long and it was a bit misleading. I met with 2 people from the sales department. Everyone in the office was nice and cordial, but the interview questions were a bit condescending and quite frankly redundant. I didn't feel it highlighted any of my skills and the skills needed for this job. I later found it was a low paying, entry level position.
    I was given a tour of the sales department and sure enough it was reflected that the company utilizes new grads and entry level job seekers to sell their business services, as opposed to using talented account executives. I did ask a lot of questions about the job, it's requirements and room for advancement. I found there is not much room for advancement in or out of this department.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what question you expected us to ask you, and then answer that question for us.   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you dealt with a difficult client. (Lots of behavior questions).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trulia in October 2011.

Interview process went very quickly. Applied off website and had interview within a week. There were two seperate interviews. The first was with 3 other candidates. The 2nd was with a sales manager. I did not get a good vibe from the current employees that they were happy with what they were doing.

Interview Questions
    • Sales manager didn't have a firm grasp of that Trulia was trying to accomplish which was very disappointing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trulia in February 2011.

Called in for an interview which consisted of myself and another applicant being interviewed by 3-4 managers. Very nice office, interview with another applicant was a little unusual. Definitely be prepared for sales questions and questions on your sales background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Trulia in November 2010.

The process was fast but the pay was very low.

Interview Questions
    • Many of your ex-company employees worked before so how are you different?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trulia in August 2010.

I applied for this position through Career Builder. I was contacted by the HR person KK. We played email tag for a while, and she eventually scheduled a phone interview. The day of my phone interview, I spent time preparing for the interview, and had spent hours that week reviewing Trulia's website, reading reviews on here, etc. I was excited to complete the interview and learn more about the position. It sounded like a good place to work, despite some of the reviews on here, and it is a longer commute than I want. I arranged childcare for my kids that day so that I could focus on the phone interview, and be properly prepared for it. 15 minutes before my scheduled phone interview, I received an email from KK stating that she was stuck in a meeting and would need to reschedule. I assumed she was being honest with me, and offered to reschedule the next week despite how unprofessional her 15 minute email was. I do not believe she was stuck in a meeting because she never emailed me again. She could have been honest and given me a truthful reason to cancel our interview. I gave Trulia the benefit of the doubt despite the reviews on here, now I know first hand that the culture at Trulia is unprofessional at best. If you' receive an email from KK, be sure to visit her Linked In page and see how many jobs she's held over the past few years. She is the definition of a job-hopper, and exactly the person I'd want handling my HR.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions as my phone interview was cancelled 15 minutes prior, and despite my interest in rescheduling, I was not contacted bu Trulia again.   Answer Question

Worked for Trulia? Contribute to the Community!