Trulia Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trulia in June 2012.

I had an outstanding offer from another company, so they were quick to fly me out to SF to meet with me after the initial phone screen with the hiring manager.

I met with 6 engineers and product folk. They were the typical, so "tell me about yourself" questions (2 of the interviewers had obviously not read my resume and asked me that while they scanned my resume). Two of the interviewers had marked up my resume with a red pen and asked me design questions, questions about the competition, about the real estate market, etc. Those were engaging conversations.

I'd spoken to the hiring manager on the phone twice already so most of our conversation was not about work. It was just to see if there would be a fit.

I was sure I'd get an offer (I did not).

Interview Questions
  • None. What I found difficult is the fact that I got no feedback from HR on my interviews. Very strange because the HR person told me that they'd found other qualified candidates. The hiring manager told me that they'd found it very difficult to find qualified candidates. So, HR was just giving me a line. Why not tell me the truth? What was it about me that they didn't like?   Answer Question

Worked for Trulia? Contribute to the Community!