Truman State University

Very Easy Interview

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Kirksville, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Truman State University in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward. There was not really an interview. I was called to come in and my boss to be gave me a list of responsibilities that would be mine to perform

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

ITS Student Worker Interview

ITS Student Worker

Interviewed at Truman State University

Interview Details – Apply online and interview in the office

Interview Question – there are some non-related behavior questions   Answer Question

Admission Counselor Interview

Admission Counselor
Kirksville, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Truman State University in May 2009.

Interview Details – Face to face interview, one round.

Interview Question – Tell us about the Liberal Studies Program.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was my first full-time position, so I was unaware of how to handle negotiations and didn't bring up the discussion. I was told of salary, benefits over the phone.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professor Interview

Professor
Kirksville, MO

I applied through other source - interviewed at Truman State University in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met faculty and students at a national conference and was invited to apply - which encouraged me to do so.

Interview Question – Would I accept a temporary position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation and job expectations were not clarified.

Residence Life Student Advisor Interview

Residence Life Student Advisor
Kirksville, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Truman State University in February 2013.

Interview Details – There was an online application with several short answer questions. A week after the application deadline, Residence Life sent an email indicating whether or not I qualified for the interview stage. There were several interview days to choose from. The interview stage was composed of one professional interview with several Residence Hall staff as well as several other group activities with other interested applicants. The professional interview was very generic, with all of the typical interview questions. The group activities were very creative and interesting. For example in one activity we were assigned to create a game or sport using a box full of random toys and trinkets.

Interview Question – The most difficult question in the interview was: "What kind of experience do you have in giving advice and counseling other people who are in trouble?"   Answer Question

Truman Interview

Truman
Kirksville, MO

I interviewed at Truman State University in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. I knew a lot of people already that worked here and I went to the University as well so I am sure that opened a lot of doors for me as well. The interviewers made me feel relaxed and at home and really made me feel comfortable. Most of the questions I knew the answers to so the interview went very smoothly.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 20 years?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Kirksville, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Truman State University in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online after hearing of the opening. Submitted reference names, resume, personal statement. Upon completion, went through a 30 minute panel interview.

Interview Question – What role has diversity played in your life?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee
Kirksville, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Truman State University in October 2010.

Interview Details – I sent a cover letter and resume to my boss and he emailed me a few months later saying I was in. There was no real interview. To even get on the list to be potentially hired I just had to be a non-freshman science major, and I am not sure what they looked for beyond that. Apparently I had what they needed though.

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Laboratory Assistant

Interviewed at Truman State University

Interview Details – Visited with various professors, asking about their labs and what research they conduct. Eventually, decided on a biology lab that focused on ecology. No real interview process...I joined as a volunteer one semester and the next semester used it for my scholarship job. Make sure you visit multiple labs, though. Otherwise, you may find yourself hating your work.

Interview Question – Do you mind working early mornings on weekends?   View Answer

Worked for Truman State University? Contribute to the Community!