Truman State University Interview Questions

2.6

ITS Student Worker Interview

Interview

Apply online and interview in the office

Residence Life Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

There was an online application with several short answer questions. A week after the application deadline, Residence Life sent an email indicating whether or not I qualified for the interview stage. There were several interview days to choose from. The interview stage was composed of one professional interview with several Residence Hall staff as well as several other group activities with other interested applicants. The professional interview was very generic, with all of the typical interview questions. The group activities were very creative and interesting. For example in one activity we were assigned to create a game or sport using a box full of random toys and trinkets.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question in the interview was: "What kind of experience do you have in giving advice and counseling other people who are in trouble?"   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Met faculty and students at a national conference and was invited to apply - which encouraged me to do so.

Interview Questions

• Would I accept a temporary position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation and job expectations were not clarified.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. There was not really an interview. I was called to come in and my boss to be gave me a list of responsibilities that would be mine to perform

Negotiation

No negotiations

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

I sent a cover letter and resume to my boss and he emailed me a few months later saying I was in. There was no real interview. To even get on the list to be potentially hired I just had to be a non-freshman science major, and I am not sure what they looked for beyond that. Apparently I had what they needed though.

Truman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in June 2009.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I knew a lot of people already that worked here and I went to the University as well so I am sure that opened a lot of doors for me as well. The interviewers made me feel relaxed and at home and really made me feel comfortable. Most of the questions I knew the answers to so the interview went very smoothly.

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in May 2009.

Interview

Face to face interview, one round.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the Liberal Studies Program.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first full-time position, so I was unaware of how to handle negotiations and didn't bring up the discussion. I was told of salary, benefits over the phone.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in April 2009.

Interview

Applied online after hearing of the opening. Submitted reference names, resume, personal statement. Upon completion, went through a 30 minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Visited with various professors, asking about their labs and what research they conduct. Eventually, decided on a biology lab that focused on ecology. No real interview process...I joined as a volunteer one semester and the next semester used it for my scholarship job. Make sure you visit multiple labs, though. Otherwise, you may find yourself hating your work.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working early mornings on weekends?   1 Answer