TrustCo Bank Corp NY

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

The day of my second interview at the headquarters in Florida there was only this guy around his 50's, it seemed he took the decision of not hiring me since the moment he saw me, I was in a suit, wearing very nice clothes, shaved and excellent hair but I'm not white like my interviewer. Just to confirm my thoughts, he didn't take any notes from anything, not even papers in hand like formal interviewers, he asked a couple questions not related to the job and the interview didn't even last 8 minutes. He explained what the job would be like and then told me they will decide soon and let me go. He also apologized saying that more people was supposed to be there at the interview but that they were out.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you so enthusiastic about this job? Probably he asked that because nobody should be enthusiastic about a job where they pay less than mcdonalds.   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

I applied online, and a few days later received an email asking to call and schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for two weeks later. I had to travel to the recruiter's home base store, which was about 30 minutes away.

When I arrived, I let the associate at the front desk know I had an interview. She was nice, but extremely laid back. When she called the recruiter to let her know I was there, it seemed like she could have been talking to a friend, not her boss.

The recruiter came out two to three minutes later. She was nice, shook my hand and took me to an office to do the interview.

I felt almost cheated of a great opportunity to show off who I am because she was so ready to go home! She spoke so quickly that I barely caught a word she was saying. She kept tripping over her words because she was speaking so fast... She kept apologizing for it and said she was just ready to go home. (My interview was around 4pm)

I was given a break down of the position and the company. She asked if I read the description of the position and if I had any questions. I asked about the traveling aspect of the job.

She described that it was a “floating position" where you go from branch to branch helping fill shifts and/or training tellers, or filling in for Store Managers if they are out. She said they TRY to keep travel time within 30 minutes of your home base store.

Interview Questions
    • You have no previous banking experience. What makes you want to be a part of the Trustco team?   View Answer
    • What's your preferred salary?   View Answer
    • How do you handle irate customers?   View Answer
    • What are 2 key strengths and one area I need to improve on.   View Answer
    • Where so you see yourself in 3-5 years?   View Answer

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY in January 2015.

Applied online, about three days later received an email to call back to schedule an interview. Interview was scheduled for about two weeks later, (the 15th of JAN). Hiring manager was extremely nice. Very informative, spoke a little quick and somewhat in a rush, but seemed very genuine. Was told I would hear back by 10-14 business days. 5 Days later, checked my status online and said yesterday "Credit Check in Progress". No call yet though. Interview was fairly easy. No selling, just some basic questions on your background and work XP, education..etc..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

The process was fast and easy. Now I understand why they don't required more steps into an interview and the hiring process. Don't want to waste money on an employee, since people comes and goes like a McDonald's. McDonalds, probably pays better at this point.

They are cheap and don't pay. Is either get what they offer you or keep walking.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online – interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY in October 2014.

my first teller job, interview was about 15 minutes long, questions about past employers and how they would describe me, why did I decide to apply for bank job, my education. got called that same day with part time teller job offer $10 per hour up to 27 hours per week

Interview Questions
    • What useful qualities do you have for bank job?   View Answer
    no negotiations

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

I was given a call to schedule a phone interview. The day of the interview the call took approximately 10-15 minutes. The woman was very nice. Follow up interview is in person.

Interview Questions
    • If your current boss was to describe you what would he or she say?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

I applied online. They called me for an interview a couple days later. Went in for the interview and got a call from them the next day offering me two different positions. process didn't take me very long at all.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY in January 2014.

the first step was to apply online, then human resources will contact you based on experience. they will want to schedule an interview, then they will contact you if the interview went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY.

1 phone call with HR took 10 minutes. Face to Face with Area Manager and Florida President 15 minutes. Hired a month later.

No negotiation

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TrustCo Bank Corp NY in December 2011.

I was initially contacted by an HR employee for a phone interview. This lasted about 10 minutes and just was about "fit" in the company and basic background. I had a follow up interview in person, 1 on 1, with another HR employee. This lasted about 20 mintues and was about past experiences, how I could contribute to the company, my long term goals (i.e. Staying with the company), and ethics (since you are dealing with many individuals finances.) I was contacted later that afternoon for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you have to accept their starting hourly rate.