Trustmark Companies

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trustmark Companies

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Trustmark Companies in November 2014.

I applied online through their website. After a few weeks, I received an email from one of their corporate actuaries, wanting to schedule a 30-minute phone interview with me.

The phone interviewer was absolutely horrible. It was obvious that her questions were scripted and I could hear her typing notes in the background. My phone interviewer gave no effort whatsoever to turn the interview into a conversation. Any questions or remarks I added were replied to with a curt "yeah..." or some other interjection that doesn't contribute anything!

When it was my turn to ask questions, I asked my phone interviewer what she thought the prospects of health actuaries were in the future due to the affordable health care act. She answered "it's going to be good..." At this point I wanted to hang up and pull my hair out. I asked this question to another health actuary in a different company and it led to a very detailed 10-minute answer and I was able to ask follow-up questions as well.

I ended up not receiving an offer, which is a real shame since my interview was heavily impacted by the poor interviewer. Now I truly understand what people mean by "interviewing is a two-way street"!

Interview Questions
    • None, questions were all very basic and expected from an actuarial internship interview.   Answer Question

Undetermined Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Trustmark Companies.

Hiring was very positive. Unfortunately the job was more about watching everyone talk and no one upholding any progression.

Interview Questions
    Pretty easy to negotiate salary and additional vacation.