Truven Health Analytics Interview Questions in Ann Arbor, MI

2.7

Data Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email from recruiter asked me would i be interested in position. Had three 1 hour long interview with different people in the organization. From the Director on down to the immediate manager and coworkers.

Interview Questions

• What is the SLDC process? Tell me about your current position your processes.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analytic Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with HR, followed by a real phone interview with HR (standard behavioral questions, work experience, etc). I had another internship offer on the table so I explained to HR my situation and they were very accommodating and expedited my interview process. I then met with a senior VP in one of their offices that was based in my current city and then a few days later, had a phone interview with someone in their main office in Ann Arbor.

Truven makes sure that they grab the right candidates the interview process was long and tough at times, but HR and everyone I talked to seemed extremely capable, intelligent, and passionate. They went out of their way to accommodate my needs and I felt very valued as a possible intern and individual.

Interview Questions

• Why work in the healthcare field? Why data analytics?   1 Answer

Data Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

First, received a phone call to gauge interest. Second, 3 one hour one on one interviews with 3 different people. The interviews are in the STAR format where the interviewer asks a question and expects Situation, Task, Action, and Result. The interviewers are extremely friendly. If they are interested, they typically call you back for a 3rd interview with the management team you will be working under.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you forgot to do something. What was the task, what action did you take and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter is a tough bargainer

Data Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Received phone interview first. It was followed by two in person interviews. The process took two months.

Interview Questions

• What is something that your previous boss did that you were sure was wrong and how you addressed that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by three members of the team-the Manager, Director and lead Installation Consultant for 1 hour. Was asked about my experience at previous companies and was asked various questions on being a good team player.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got the expected salary

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. The company needed my services more than I needed the job so I was quite relaxed and comfortable. The interviewer could have been a little more aggressive and asked more questions regarding my background experience for the position I was actually applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy as there was none.

Contract - Imaging and Computer Build Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

Took all of 10 min. Do I know what Norton Ghost is....can I type my name - hired.

Interview Questions

• Name Address and phone took longer to answer than all other questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unemployed - I took what they offered. I expected to make up for that later...but that was foolish.