Truven Health Analytics

Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in June 2014.

Was contacted by email from recruiter asked me would i be interested in position. Had three 1 hour long interview with different people in the organization. From the Director on down to the immediate manager and coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the SLDC process? Tell me about your current position your processes.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analytic Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

There was an initial phone screening with HR, followed by a real phone interview with HR (standard behavioral questions, work experience, etc). I had another internship offer on the table so I explained to HR my situation and they were very accommodating and expedited my interview process. I then met with a senior VP in one of their offices that was based in my current city and then a few days later, had a phone interview with someone in their main office in Ann Arbor.

Truven makes sure that they grab the right candidates the interview process was long and tough at times, but HR and everyone I talked to seemed extremely capable, intelligent, and passionate. They went out of their way to accommodate my needs and I felt very valued as a possible intern and individual.

Interview Questions
    • Why work in the healthcare field? Why data analytics?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in March 2012.

First, received a phone call to gauge interest. Second, 3 one hour one on one interviews with 3 different people. The interviews are in the STAR format where the interviewer asks a question and expects Situation, Task, Action, and Result. The interviewers are extremely friendly. If they are interested, they typically call you back for a 3rd interview with the management team you will be working under.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you forgot to do something. What was the task, what action did you take and what was the result?   View Answer
    The recruiter is a tough bargainer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in May 2011.

Received phone interview first. It was followed by two in person interviews. The process took two months.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that your previous boss did that you were sure was wrong and how you addressed that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Truven Health Analytics in December 2010.

Interviewed by three members of the team-the Manager, Director and lead Installation Consultant for 1 hour. Was asked about my experience at previous companies and was asked various questions on being a good team player.

Interview Questions
    I got the expected salary

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in February 2010.

The interview process was fairly straight forward. The company needed my services more than I needed the job so I was quite relaxed and comfortable. The interviewer could have been a little more aggressive and asked more questions regarding my background experience for the position I was actually applying for.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was easy as there was none.

Contract - Imaging and Computer Build Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in February 2009.

Took all of 10 min. Do I know what Norton Ghost is....can I type my name - hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name Address and phone took longer to answer than all other questions   Answer Question
    I was unemployed - I took what they offered. I expected to make up for that later...but that was foolish.