Truven Health Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Data Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to the Data Management Consultant position online on a Sunday then was emailed by a recruiter the following day to schedule the phone screen. I ended up doing the phone screen with the recruiter the same day and she asked about my work experience and skills. I was called again two days later to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a 3-part 1:1 interviews with a Manager, and 2 Data Mgmt Leads for an hour each therefore the whole interview was 3 hours long. The interview format with each interviewer had behavioral/STAR (Situation or Task, Action you took, Results achieved) structured questions that focused on asking about previous experiences. I was called two days later with a job offer that I have accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you given multiple high priority assignments on the same day and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long process. Phone interview with recruiter took about 20 minutes. She then scheduled another phone interview with the Senior Project Mgr. which took about 30 minutes. I was then called in for 1:1 interview with Sr. Project Mgr, Director and Engineer Mgr. each took around 30 minutes for a total of 1 hour and 30 minutes on site. They pondered me with questions and told about the position and the perks they had to offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest challenges when managing projects?

How would you describe a good weekly call?

Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Interview

Focused one on one interview process with multiple people both at a number of levels. Like all the people I meet with both in the office and for breakfast. Nice office location. Not a lot of people in the cubes, pretty open floor plan.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in March 2015.

Interview

it was ok, first phone interview. and then panel interview. later they took 1 week to give me offer. now i am happy with the job. i am very happy, it was ok, first phone interview. and then panel interview. later they took 1 week to give me offer. now i am happy with the job

Interview Questions

• how you create test data. it was ok, first phone interview. and then panel interview. later they took 1 week to give me offer. now i am happy with the job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview then a job site interview. Phone interview was pretty standard. They asked about excel experience and why I picked my major. Job site interview was them asking questions about my resume.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

I applied for the position at the end of June and heard back from a recruiter days later via email. We scheduled a phone interview which lasted approx. 15 minutes, consisting of fairly easy screening questions. About a week or so later, I was informed I moved on to the next round. In mid-July, I had a second phone interview lasting about 30 minutes with two head researchers, where they asked me more in depth information about my quantitative and qualitative research skills. Shortly after, I was informed I was moved on to the third round, which involved meeting in person as I was out of state. Truven took care of all of my transportation and lodging, which was a wonderful perk. My third interview was about two hours, meeting with four different research team members. Each spent about half the time asking me questions, but were especially interested in questions that I had for them. About three weeks later, I emailed the HR rep serving as the liaison between me and the four team members to check on the status of my application. She responded several weeks later stating that the team had been busy with projects and had not been able to make a decision, but eventually recommended I apply for a similar position in the interim. After several rounds of emails, she informed me at the end of October that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you struggled on a project, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Health Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in November 2014.

Interview

I was first considered for a position and interviewed over the phone with three people. They decided I would be a better fit with a different group within the company and had 4 phone interviews, followed by 4 in person interviews and a job talk.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were challenging, mostly about my research interests, goals for my career, where I see myself in 5-10 years. I was given a good amount time to ask questions about the position, the company, opportunities for advancement, etc.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from another company that does work in many areas, in addition to health. It was a tough decision-people at Truven seemed pretty happy and the work was a good topical fit.

Product Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Began with an online job posting on their website. I also had an employee referral, which I Highly recommend. Truven has an almost non-existent HR dept, so they rely greatly on referrals to sort through resumes.

I was asked to come in first to interview with a manager. Second I was called in to speak with a director and the manager together. At that point the manager already made up her mind, but had to at least introduce me to the director. They asked mostly STAR format behavioral questions. The two main skills they are looking for are customer service and general technical skills. Be pleasant, talk about helping customers with stuff, and tell them you can learn things quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a very disappointed customer/client. What was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for more, but was denied. Your chances are better if you have an advanced healthcare related degree, or years of customer service. Always give a try though, you have nothing to lose!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Several questions by two individuals (manager and director) about personality traits and technical skills. Was led to a room/enclave and discussed the position for about one hour in total. Very lenient.

Analytic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Interview

I applied online and then heard back a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with HR. I then interviewed with a few managers over the phones and finally had 2 interviews in person. Overall, the process was pretty typical to other companies but was definitely frustrating not hearing back.