Truven Health Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Applied online and had a phone interview then a job site interview. Phone interview was pretty standard. They asked about excel experience and why I picked my major. Job site interview was them asking questions about my resume.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

I applied for the position at the end of June and heard back from a recruiter days later via email. We scheduled a phone interview which lasted approx. 15 minutes, consisting of fairly easy screening questions. About a week or so later, I was informed I moved on to the next round. In mid-July, I had a second phone interview lasting about 30 minutes with two head researchers, where they asked me more in depth information about my quantitative and qualitative research skills. Shortly after, I was informed I was moved on to the third round, which involved meeting in person as I was out of state. Truven took care of all of my transportation and lodging, which was a wonderful perk. My third interview was about two hours, meeting with four different research team members. Each spent about half the time asking me questions, but were especially interested in questions that I had for them. About three weeks later, I emailed the HR rep serving as the liaison between me and the four team members to check on the status of my application. She responded several weeks later stating that the team had been busy with projects and had not been able to make a decision, but eventually recommended I apply for a similar position in the interim. After several rounds of emails, she informed me at the end of October that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you struggled on a project, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Health Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in November 2014.

I was first considered for a position and interviewed over the phone with three people. They decided I would be a better fit with a different group within the company and had 4 phone interviews, followed by 4 in person interviews and a job talk.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were challenging, mostly about my research interests, goals for my career, where I see myself in 5-10 years. I was given a good amount time to ask questions about the position, the company, opportunities for advancement, etc.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from another company that does work in many areas, in addition to health. It was a tough decision-people at Truven seemed pretty happy and the work was a good topical fit.

Product Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Began with an online job posting on their website. I also had an employee referral, which I Highly recommend. Truven has an almost non-existent HR dept, so they rely greatly on referrals to sort through resumes.

I was asked to come in first to interview with a manager. Second I was called in to speak with a director and the manager together. At that point the manager already made up her mind, but had to at least introduce me to the director. They asked mostly STAR format behavioral questions. The two main skills they are looking for are customer service and general technical skills. Be pleasant, talk about helping customers with stuff, and tell them you can learn things quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a very disappointed customer/client. What was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate for more, but was denied. Your chances are better if you have an advanced healthcare related degree, or years of customer service. Always give a try though, you have nothing to lose!

Software Engineer Interview

Several questions by two individuals (manager and director) about personality traits and technical skills. Was led to a room/enclave and discussed the position for about one hour in total. Very lenient.

Analytic Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

I applied online and then heard back a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with HR. I then interviewed with a few managers over the phones and finally had 2 interviews in person. Overall, the process was pretty typical to other companies but was definitely frustrating not hearing back.

Data Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

I was contacted by the talent recruiter, assessed a brief discussion regarding my background and interest in the position and then was arranged for face-to-face interview the following week. The formal interview is three hours with three different individuals, separately. They first introduce themselves with a brief review of their role with the company and then proceed with review of your background and experiences. The formal interview questions follow this for 20-30 minutes and are answered in STAR format (situation, task, action, result). Interviewers were very friendly and work environment seems comfortable and open.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were dealing with two very important priorities, which one did you select first and why?   Answer Question

Data Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in June 2014.

Was contacted by email from recruiter asked me would i be interested in position. Had three 1 hour long interview with different people in the organization. From the Director on down to the immediate manager and coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the SLDC process? Tell me about your current position your processes.   Answer Question

Senior Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in June 2014.

The interview process was very unorganized and all over the board. I had several interviews and knew I probably had the job after the first couple. I interviewed with the Account team VP, Consulting Director and another VP. This process went on for about a month before I received the official offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked largely behavioral based questions that wanted to determine my data analysis skills and background.   Answer Question

Senior Implementatin Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in April 2014.

Completed on line application and received multiple e-mails for clarification and/or more details. Received call from HR recruiter that completed initial screening interview, second interview was with manager, third interview with team member and final with executive over the group.
    HR recruiter was very organized and informative and completed the initial screening interview which included a few behavioral questions plus standard expected questions.
    Second interview was with manager. Question were very job, profession and methodology specific.
    Third interview was with Subject Matter Expert on the project team. Questions were specific to job and industry.
    Fourth interview was with the executive over the group.
    All individuals were very positive and kind.