Truven Health Analytics

2.9

Product Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

Began with an online job posting on their website. I also had an employee referral, which I Highly recommend. Truven has an almost non-existent HR dept, so they rely greatly on referrals to sort through resumes.

I was asked to come in first to interview with a manager. Second I was called in to speak with a director and the manager together. At that point the manager already made up her mind, but had to at least introduce me to the director. They asked mostly STAR format behavioral questions. The two main skills they are looking for are customer service and general technical skills. Be pleasant, talk about helping customers with stuff, and tell them you can learn things quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a very disappointed customer/client. What was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate for more, but was denied. Your chances are better if you have an advanced healthcare related degree, or years of customer service. Always give a try though, you have nothing to lose!

Software Engineer Interview

Several questions by two individuals (manager and director) about personality traits and technical skills. Was led to a room/enclave and discussed the position for about one hour in total. Very lenient.

Analytic Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

I applied online and then heard back a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with HR. I then interviewed with a few managers over the phones and finally had 2 interviews in person. Overall, the process was pretty typical to other companies but was definitely frustrating not hearing back.

Data Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

I was contacted by the talent recruiter, assessed a brief discussion regarding my background and interest in the position and then was arranged for face-to-face interview the following week. The formal interview is three hours with three different individuals, separately. They first introduce themselves with a brief review of their role with the company and then proceed with review of your background and experiences. The formal interview questions follow this for 20-30 minutes and are answered in STAR format (situation, task, action, result). Interviewers were very friendly and work environment seems comfortable and open.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were dealing with two very important priorities, which one did you select first and why?   Answer Question

Data Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in June 2014.

Was contacted by email from recruiter asked me would i be interested in position. Had three 1 hour long interview with different people in the organization. From the Director on down to the immediate manager and coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the SLDC process? Tell me about your current position your processes.   Answer Question

Senior Implementatin Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in April 2014.

Completed on line application and received multiple e-mails for clarification and/or more details. Received call from HR recruiter that completed initial screening interview, second interview was with manager, third interview with team member and final with executive over the group.
    HR recruiter was very organized and informative and completed the initial screening interview which included a few behavioral questions plus standard expected questions.
    Second interview was with manager. Question were very job, profession and methodology specific.
    Third interview was with Subject Matter Expert on the project team. Questions were specific to job and industry.
    Fourth interview was with the executive over the group.
    All individuals were very positive and kind.

Not Specified Interview

Very Positive Interview Process. Standard phone interview followed by on-site interviews. The Recruiter was very knowledgeable about the company.

Research Analyst Interview

Initial communications were set up via email and phone. After multiple phone interviews, was invited for in-person interviews. Many people work from home offices, so had to interviews with many people via phone.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics.

First start with recruiting, very hard to get past them so be sure to customize resume. Once you do, behavioral interview will follow. Be prepared with SEVERAL examples from previous employers... difficult situations, choices you made, times when you needed further resources but did not have...

Interview Questions
    • Lots of hows and whys..... very long process (3 hrs, 3 dif people), be prepared to have dif examples for each.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Truven Health Analytics in March 2014.

Three week interview process with Senior consulting managers. Mostly telephone interviews with one in-person interview mainly because we were in the same city. Next step may involve another in-person interview, but waiting to hear next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Why Truven and how do you see yourself growing within the role and company. Most were standard questions about experience and value as a potential team member.   Answer Question
    I anticipate getting the offer as eluded to verbally but haven't gone through negotiation or signing of contract yet.