TubeMogul Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

Phone Screen.
    Interview with Hiring manager and technical account manager
    Interview with Account Director
    Reference Check
    Reference check passed
    Quiz(this is where it gets murky)

Passed the reference check, then they give me a quiz? Should't it be the other way around?

Kinda annoyed as they did the ref check and then give me a quiz? doesn't make sense.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about tubemogul   1 Answer

Interview

I had a great phone interview with the Recruiting Coordinator and never made it to my on site interview. My car broke down on my way to the interview (I know that it's hard to believe but it actually happened)! I bought a new car the weekend following my scheduled interview. I am a Recruiting Coordinator and I can't stand when people cancel their interviews last minute, and I wouldn't believe this story coming from most people. The irony is not lost on me!

I wanted to write a review specifically for the Recruiting Coordinator. She was so professional and compassionate when I called to cancel the interview an hour before I was supposed to arrive on site. She made me feel better during this nightmare scenario. She also followed up with me to let me know that they had moved forward with another candidate. I wasn't disappointed, that we never rescheduled because I believe that in this case, everything happened for a reason.

She is a true professional and I am very grateful for how she handled this situation. This scenario has made me stronger, and more compassionate in my position as a Recruiting Coordinator.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your scheduling workload?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and was contacted about a week later to begin the process. I was then moved through the ranks talking to the HR reps, director, team members, and the SVP. Overall the process was a little slow taking up to 2 weeks to get back to me between each round.

Web Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TubeMogul in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter and had little chat with him in the next day. A week later, I had the technical interview ,lasted around 45minutes. It was overall good experience. Everyone was nice. Sounds like an interesting environment to be working with cool guys. Unfortunately I didn't get the offer.

Senior Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TubeMogul (Emeryville, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called right away and was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I ended up speaking with the co-founder two days later and that went very well also. Next I spoke with some people who would end up being peers within the organization. That is when the interesting behaviors started. The Product person was very aggressive and seemed to be playing games throughout the entire interview process. Next I spoke with an engineering lead and he was very smart and pleasant but seemed to have that beaten dog sense to him and asked a lot of questions about how I would work with challenging Product groups. Seems like there are some cultural problems in this company. Beware.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter planned to ask me a lot of HR specific personality questions but I had sent him a set of material describing my management and personality styles ahead of the interview   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TubeMogul (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of phone interviews and a final in-person interview with two people. Overall, the experience was cordial and I enjoyed speaking with each member of the team. I recommended others to this company and they've also had positive experiences and/or moved on to accept positions.

Interview Questions

• What are the core practices to provide positive client experiences?   Answer Question

I was offered a different opportunity at another company that better aligned with my career goals.

Lead Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TubeMogul (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a very good experience with the professional people. The entire process lasted about 2 weeks from the day their internal recruiter contacted me first to the onsite round. The first technical interview required you to be on a computer so you can code and architect a solution on their test servers created for the purpose of interview. The guy here was very cool and patient. Next he invited me for an onsite interview. When I reached there I had trouble finding a parking spot and the entrance. A guy who was parking his BMW in the alley offered help. He said he worked at TubeMogul and he could escort me in. Well, he turned out to be the CEO of the company - very polite and a modest guy.

Once inside I was offered tea/coffee/snacks if I liked and then I proceeded to the interviews that I was scheduled with a few people. Interviewed three different rounds of 1-1 interviews. The questions were very legitimate and relevant although not easy to crack including some questions on tricky scenarios and their resolutions. Everyone was very professional and friendly and I felt comfortable during the entire three hours process. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Very complex scenarios and its resolution on MySQL issues with rare configurations.
      Write a trigger to insert a record in Table B if a record is inserted in Table A.
      Configure Master-Master replication on their test servers setup.
      Where do you see yourself in five years from now?

Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

Initial contact with recruiter was pleasant and professional. I was called into the HQ in Emeryville and met with an Account Director (?). I was surprised that I didn't meet with anyone else in the office considering the fact that I was fairly well qualified for the position with 10+ years of experience. Generic and fairly lackluster interview, typical questions such as "how do you stay motivated" and "how do you deal with difficult clients". I followed up a few times before the recruiter got back to me, I found it strange and inconsiderate that the original interviewer wouldn't at least send a reply email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do to motivate a team of younger colleagues and asked to give specific examples, such as "cool off-site happy hours".   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to setup an initial phone screen with a recruiter. The phone call lasted maybe 10 minutes and seemed very unauthentic. I went in for an interview and I could tell that the first individual who interviewed me was very nervous and seemed unprepared and dazed. The next individual that interviewed me was a little more intelligent. We discussed the position, he asked multiple questions about my sales background, education, interests, and recent work. Overall, the interview went well, but the office culture seemed like a morgue.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went above and beyond. I know this is any easy question, but I have always gone above and beyond for all of my employers. However, it is very difficult to translate the authenticity of that fact to prospective interviewers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was present for an on-campus interview and interviewed by an engineer and a product manager. The interview was pretty standard with background about the company, some behavioral questions, and the engineer was very helpful and patient during the technical questions. I was pretty slow on the uptake but I asked a lot of questions and with his help I eventually got the question.

Interview Questions

• Two trains cars are parachuted from the sky onto a set of tracks. They cannot communicate with each other. After falling on the tracks, the parachutes fall off and stay at their position on the tracks, and we may call a helper function to determine whether a train is next to a parachute. We must use the same program on both trains. How might we get the two trains to hit/connect to each other?   Answer Question