Tucson Electric Power Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2014

2.0

Internal Audit and Risk Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tucson Electric Power.

I applied online after seeing the position listed on my school's job link. I received a call about a week later offering an interview. About another week later I attended the interview. It was with the two people I would be working under, as well as the current intern who was working the position. They interviewed me for about an hour. It was a super relaxed "fun" interview. The team really seemed to get along and have great personalities. Following the interview they took me upstairs to show me their work area and potentially meet another interview. About a week later they called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you were being pressured to expose confidential information?   Answer Question

I only wanted to work a 40 hour/wk summer schedule and I could not work the 20 hour/wk they were requiring during the school year

Engineering Project Management Intern Interview

I first saw the posting for the internship online on Tep's website. I had been eagerly searching for an internship as I was heading into my junior year. I applied through their online application page and uploaded my resume as well. Within about two weeks I recieved a call which notified me that I had been selected to interview for the position and we arranged to meet 5 days later (on a Monday morning). I arrived early and got a small tour of the building from an intern who was already working there; the building was very clean and allowed for a lot of sunilight, which I enjoyed. Afterwards, I was taken into an office where I had a one-on-one interview with my potential future boss. The interview went well, he was very interested in knowing about my goals and reasons for choosing engineering. After about 20 minutes of him asking me questions, he then asked me what questions I had and I asked what duties would be required of me from day to day. He explained clearly what I would be doing if I was chosen and I firmly let him know that I am able to complete all the tasks he stated. He then waved me off and 3 days later I recieved another call saying that I had been selected. I had to take a drug test the next day, then started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    As an intern, I was only able to negotiate my work schedule and not salary. The company was very understading of my school schedule and agreed to always work around that, which came in handy during finals and other exam weeks.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tucson Electric Power in September 2013.

Was encouraged to apply online due to experience and education.

Interview Questions
    • None, everything is related to the position. Technical questions are addressed when you apply for the position in the first place.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tucson Electric Power.

Interviewed at the downtown office on Broadway. I was asked pretty basic fit questions and a few simple accounting questions. They were very interested in my excel abilities and whether or not I have sequel experience. Overall, the interview was very relaxed and was not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a few complex excel functions and explain how they can be used to save time on projects.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tucson Electric Power in January 2012.

I recently applied and interviewed for a systems administrator position with Tucson Electric Power. I would say the process was generally positive. I initially applied online, the online form is rather long and has a text box for a cover letter if you choose not to attach one. After about a week and a half, I was contacted by the hiring manager with a skills test. The test was an excellent indicator of the team's responsibilities. After completing the test, I was contacted by a very nice HR rep who set up a phone interview with the team. I eventually had a phone interview with the team where they had a set of rather generic questions, mostly behavioral. It went well and the team was nice and easy to talk to. A week later I was contacted by the same HR rep and informed I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel that you're a good fit for the position?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tucson Electric Power in April 2008.

Spoke with tax accountants at Tucson Electric Power Company. They were really friendly and passionate about their work.

Interview Questions
    Great place to work for the managers are doing a superb job.

Worked for Tucson Electric Power? Contribute to the Community!