Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.

www.tudorpickering.com
Unclaimed Profile

Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.2

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Interview

First round was a two-on-one behavioral interview. very chill and relaxing
    In the second round interview, there were about 10 20 minute interviews with various people in the research part of the firm. Some technicals were thrown but they were mainly looking to see whether you knew what was going on in the economy- what OPEC is currently doing, and how the oil market is looking.

If you apply and have at least some type of energy experience or investment experience that ties to energy, it's going to be very hard for you to NOT get an internship

Interview Questions

• Went down my resume pretty much and asked me to describe my experiences   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. in February 2012.

Interview

TPH opened a resume drop with my universtitiy's career center. After dropping my resume, I was contacted for a phone interview. Several days later I was invited to Houston for their super day. The super day consisted of 8, mostly 2-1, interviews with lunch in the middle.

It seems as though most of the bankers in the office were invovled in the interviews. Bobby Tudor was one round of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions asked. Most unexpected was "Sell me this pen."   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

first round phone interview
    - mostly fit and resume questions

final round in the office
    - prepare a stock pitch ( going over company financials and operations. provide numbers and explain your conclusions)
    - expect some finance/energy questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Interview

Resume drop through my college, and interviewed over the phone for the first round. Was then invited to fly down to Houston the next week for a Superday. For all the trouble of flying me in and paying for me to stay in Houston, I was only interview for about an hour and a half total. A little odd.

Interview Questions

• Nothing totally unexpected, I was admittedly a little under-prepared for technicals (it was my first ibanking interview).   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Interview

pretty standard - interview first with HR Director, then direct supervisor and some co workers

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

First round phone screen, superday a week later. Brought in 8 kids each on two superdays, looking to fill 5-7 summer analyst slots. Everybody was friendly and helpful, really diverse in terms of background, schooling, etc. Coming from an out of state non target I had to cold email to get the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you dip a 10x10 rubix cube in paint, how many cubes touched the paint?   1 Answer