Tuenti

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile Engineer Interview

Mobile Engineer
Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tuenti in December 2010.

Interview Details – Long selection process that included a code exam, several technical interviews by phone, and finally an on site interview with 3 or 4 engineers and HR. In my honest opinion, the overall process is funny, but some questions could be difficult, specially if you are not used to work under pressure.

Interview Question – Nothing special ... They are open to discuss and resolve any doubt that you could have during the interview.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tuenti in May 2013.

Interview Details – Good process overall. I sent in my cv and was contacted by HR within a couple of days. Had an initial HR interview then scheduled a telephone interview with another product manager. I got feedback on this the next day and told I would have another in a couple of days. Again I passed this and was setup with a third telephone interview with another product manager. This one I found more difficult. I then didn't hear anything back for a week or so when I was told they wouldn't be proceeding with my application.

Interview Question – Explain the process of multivariate web application testing.   Answer Question

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Senior Frontend Engineer
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tuenti.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with senior engineer lasted about 1 hour. It was full of detailed questions on web, security, performance, as well as programming puzzles.

On-site visit consisted of 4 technical interviews with very strong engineers and one with HR representative. Questions were: model card game "Magic" in UML, implement in pseudo-code combat resolution and role swap, discuss ReST, caching headers in HTTP, expiry policy, multiple inheritance vs single inheritance, prototypal inheritance vs class-based inheritance, mixins and traits (Javascript and PHP), interfaces and composition, execution context in JS, details of DOM, closures and scoping in Javascript, augmenting objects, object construction, namespacing in Javascript, client side CAPTCHA implementation, implementation of undo/redo operations in PHP, memory allocation strategies, memento pattern, garbage collection strategies, circular dependencies, designing filesystem API, modelling spreadsheet application in UML, filesystem extensions (ACL, Linux), Scrum, Printer-Controller-Agent pattern.

HR person was basically selling me tons of lies.

Interview Question – Garbage collection strategies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to bid hiring bonus, but not base pay. I strongly suggest aggressive bidding strategy, as the company is loaded with Telefonica's money.

IOS Software Developer Interview

IOS Software Developer
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tuenti.

Interview Details – Objective-C Code test (3 hours), 3 phone interviews

Interview Question – The 1st phone interview was extremely technical on the basics of Objective-c programming   Answer Question

Associate Testing Framework Engineer Interview

Associate Testing Framework Engineer
Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tuenti in June 2011.

Interview Details – Preliminar HR interview, two phone interviews asking general questions about computer science, software engineering, testing and tools. One code test, 6 on site interviews being two HR ones and 4 technical covering diferent areas as testing strategies and techniques, scalability, algorithms design, software patterns, web security, Object Oriented programming, pointers, big O, data strutures and tools

Interview Questions

• How would you print a given tree in level order (ie, root, all level2 items, all level 3 items....)   Answer Question
  • java interfaces vs Abstract classes, pros and cons   View Answer

Negotiation Details – More or less they asked about my current conditions, I told them that they should offer better ones and they did

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tuenti in August 2009.

Interview Details – There were three interviews, we had two interviews by phone, and the last one was a face-to-face interview.
The telephone interviews were easy to succeed, there were typical questions like design patterns and some basic JavaScript questions.
After the first phone interview I had to write a code test, it was a ticket sorter API. They outlined the BIG-O-NOTATION, and the reusability of the code(OO preferred :-) ).
The code test had to be completed within 2 hours.
The last step was the face-to-face interview, of course in Madrid, where I met 5-6 people of Tuenti. The whole morning was taken up by
interviews. The first one was a personal interview including a detailed description of the company and bonus benefits and so on.
In the second and third they tried to highlight my technical skills and experiences. Both tech questions and IQ questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Could You describe one of your favourite design patterns, how it works?   Answer Question
  • Write a code, which represents the Iterator pattern!   Answer Question
  • There are 8 stones, each has the same weight, except of one, which is heaviest.
    How would you discover which one?
      Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

General Engineer Interview

General Engineer
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Tuenti in September 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by the recruiter trhu linkedin. was not looking for job, but accepted. Phone interview by recruiter about experience and past employees. then skill test (was a PHP graph problem famously used by google and other, but was asked to do in javascript. solution was a simple Depth seach).

After that got a buch of skype interviews. Most of them rushed as the interviewer looked like he wanted to be done asap. One of the founder asked me one stock problem solving question.

After the phone interviews, they called me back and said they wanted me there asap, ideally to next week. i took one weak leave for the next week to go there, and they simply vanished.

some weeks later I got an email saying i was not a fit.

Interview Question – the counterfeit coin problem   View Answer

Worked for Tuenti? Contribute to the Community!