Tuenti

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tuenti.

A recruiter contacted me by linkedin. First he called me and we spoke in spanish about my professional experience. He sent me an exam that I chose bu language. I chose python and they put me in contact with a developer to ask any doubts. I did not call him, I finished the exam (1 hour limit since the recruiter sent it to me). The next interview was about algorithms and some other questions of computer science in spanish. The next one was about javascript, html and databases, in spanish. And the next interview was in english and I had to resolve a problem. I did not understand it and the interviewet tried with other one. He was so patient. Sadly I did not resolve it because I was confused with a single world pronuntiation.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tuenti in May 2013.

Good process overall. I sent in my cv and was contacted by HR within a couple of days. Had an initial HR interview then scheduled a telephone interview with another product manager. I got feedback on this the next day and told I would have another in a couple of days. Again I passed this and was setup with a third telephone interview with another product manager. This one I found more difficult. I then didn't hear anything back for a week or so when I was told they wouldn't be proceeding with my application.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the process of multivariate web application testing.   Answer Question

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tuenti.

Telephone interview with senior engineer lasted about 1 hour. It was full of detailed questions on web, security, performance, as well as programming puzzles.

On-site visit consisted of 4 technical interviews with very strong engineers and one with HR representative. Questions were: model card game "Magic" in UML, implement in pseudo-code combat resolution and role swap, discuss ReST, caching headers in HTTP, expiry policy, multiple inheritance vs single inheritance, prototypal inheritance vs class-based inheritance, mixins and traits (Javascript and PHP), interfaces and composition, execution context in JS, details of DOM, closures and scoping in Javascript, augmenting objects, object construction, namespacing in Javascript, client side CAPTCHA implementation, implementation of undo/redo operations in PHP, memory allocation strategies, memento pattern, garbage collection strategies, circular dependencies, designing filesystem API, modelling spreadsheet application in UML, filesystem extensions (ACL, Linux), Scrum, Printer-Controller-Agent pattern.

HR person was basically selling me tons of lies.

Interview Questions
    I was able to bid hiring bonus, but not base pay. I strongly suggest aggressive bidding strategy, as the company is loaded with Telefonica's money.

IOS Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tuenti.

Objective-C Code test (3 hours), 3 phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • The 1st phone interview was extremely technical on the basics of Objective-c programming   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tuenti in September 2011.

First, you will be asked to do a code test. You will have to solve the problem in 3hours and send the code to Tuenti. Some engineers will review your code and if it is ok, they will call you for one or two phone interviews. It depends on the weaknesses they see during your process. After that, you will be asked to go the offices where you will have 4 in-person interviews. Mostly you will be ask to code some simple example and something from your expertise (Android, iOS,...)

Interview Questions
    • We have to classes: A and B. Class A has a property that refers to an instance of B and Class B has a property that refers to an instance of A. Is it correct? Does it have any problem? If so, how would you solve it?   View Answer

Associate Testing Framework Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tuenti in June 2011.

Preliminar HR interview, two phone interviews asking general questions about computer science, software engineering, testing and tools. One code test, 6 on site interviews being two HR ones and 4 technical covering diferent areas as testing strategies and techniques, scalability, algorithms design, software patterns, web security, Object Oriented programming, pointers, big O, data strutures and tools

Interview Questions
    • How would you print a given tree in level order (ie, root, all level2 items, all level 3 items....)   Answer Question
    • java interfaces vs Abstract classes, pros and cons   View Answer
    More or less they asked about my current conditions, I told them that they should offer better ones and they did

Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tuenti in December 2010.

Long selection process that included a code exam, several technical interviews by phone, and finally an on site interview with 3 or 4 engineers and HR. In my honest opinion, the overall process is funny, but some questions could be difficult, specially if you are not used to work under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special ... They are open to discuss and resolve any doubt that you could have during the interview.   Answer Question

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Tuenti in September 2009.

Contacted by the recruiter trhu linkedin. was not looking for job, but accepted. Phone interview by recruiter about experience and past employees. then skill test (was a PHP graph problem famously used by google and other, but was asked to do in javascript. solution was a simple Depth seach).

After that got a buch of skype interviews. Most of them rushed as the interviewer looked like he wanted to be done asap. One of the founder asked me one stock problem solving question.

After the phone interviews, they called me back and said they wanted me there asap, ideally to next week. i took one weak leave for the next week to go there, and they simply vanished.

some weeks later I got an email saying i was not a fit.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tuenti in August 2009.

There were three interviews, we had two interviews by phone, and the last one was a face-to-face interview.
    The telephone interviews were easy to succeed, there were typical questions like design patterns and some basic JavaScript questions.
    After the first phone interview I had to write a code test, it was a ticket sorter API. They outlined the BIG-O-NOTATION, and the reusability of the code(OO preferred :-) ).
    The code test had to be completed within 2 hours.
    The last step was the face-to-face interview, of course in Madrid, where I met 5-6 people of Tuenti. The whole morning was taken up by
    interviews. The first one was a personal interview including a detailed description of the company and bonus benefits and so on.
    In the second and third they tried to highlight my technical skills and experiences. Both tech questions and IQ questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Could You describe one of your favourite design patterns, how it works?   Answer Question
    • Write a code, which represents the Iterator pattern!   Answer Question
    • There are 8 stones, each has the same weight, except of one, which is heaviest.
      How would you discover which one?

Answer Question