Tuesday Morning

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Tuesday Morning in March 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was with another Store Manager, Second was with the the DM.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview Details – I applied in August and didn't get a call until October, so they are being honest when they say they keep your application on file. Simple one on one interview with the District Manager. A background check and then an offer. Interview is very easy and was more the DM talking than you.

Interview Question – More of a comment...this is your job description..do you have a problem with that?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no salary negotiation. They pay what they pay.

Store Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview Details – interview process was mainly phone calls with one personal interview

Interview Question – What make you think you are trained to do this job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, but with little cooperation from regional manager

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview Details – I was called in for a couple interviews. The Regional Manager interviewing me spoke negatively about her boss and other employees. This should have been my first sign to RUN! But I tried to understand her position which is not understandable. She was very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Can you quite your job without notice and start Monday?   Answer Question

Corvallis, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tuesday Morning.

Interview Details – Called into the store for an interview with a regional manager. The interview was a total joke. The regional manager asked no questions relevant to the position at all. She asked nothing that would give any indication of how I would be as a manager.
These stores are running on a shoestring for their lives. The RM told me that they had to make cuts and payroll was the first thing they attacked. The stores are staffed only with a "manager plus one". The manager is the only full time employee.
Store layout is horrible, only one register and you really have to look around to find it.
With such low staffing, the store was incredibly dirty, garbage on the floors, dusty shelves and products.
I may still get called with an offer, but have since accepted an offer at a more stable and respected company that values its employees and is driven to give excellent customer service. Tuesday morning won't be around on Thursday morning so be careful what you wish for. Oh and the Store managers start at $35K....no wonder they can't attract talent.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "tell me about your last job"...there were no questions, just a review of information already given on the resume, nothing else. It lasted all of 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Štore (Slovenia)

I applied online - interviewed at Tuesday Morning in August 2009.

Interview Details – You are usually contacted by district manager and if they remember or are desperate enough, they will show up for interview. I can honestly say that you really do not have to prepare for questions, have any qualifications or experience. They are so desperate for people who will show up and take a very small salary that if you want it, it will be yours.

Interview Question – There will not be any difficult questions. They may not know the answers to your questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My offer was a long time ago when things were not as bad as they are now. I researched the company and asked for the top pay (which was pretty low considering). I did get what I asked for. I think if you have great experience you should ask for the top, but mostly they are promoting and hiring no experience so they can pay the lowest.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tuesday Morning in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and was then contacted by the Regional Manager and brought in for an interview the next day. The interview was extremely easy. She asked me about my work history and made sure I knew what the job would entail.

This company is not a bad one to work for, but is not for everyone. The store hours are pretty easy, the only exception is that you, as a manager, have to be there at 5:30 in the morning to meet the truck which only happens about every 7-10 days on average.

The store is partially corparate and partially flexible. So there are certain things you have to do by the books, but other things you can put your own touches on. Which worked for me.

I actually new the regional was going to hire me before I left the interview, but they are required to do background checks for everyone before they can hire you, so 2 weeks later I got a call that I was hired. Delayed a bit, because otherwise I would have had to start on Thanksgiving Week.

I'd say if you think the job is for you, just be prepared to do it the Tuesday Morning way instead of regular retail and you'll be okay.

Interview Question – Describe you duties are your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaries are pretty much set in stone and I was offered no option to negotiate for more money.

Store Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tuesday Morning in August 2008.

Interview Details – This company was not formal in the interview process. I filled out an application after having sent my resume, I had several years experience and this was not really important in the interview procewss either. Generally they hire inexperienced managers.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, just the usual questions were asked. Tell me about your most recent experience dealing with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were unable to complete a task that was assigned and how did you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to nogotiate salary.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tuesday Morning in January 2010.

Interview Details – nice people, the RM called one day left a message asking me to call back I called back the next day, he was busy at the time asked if he could call back later we agreed upon a time and he called. Very nice and laid back seem to understand what they needed, who they wanted and what the job was about. Very informal, just easy and a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tuesday Morning

Worked for Tuesday Morning? Contribute to the Community!