Tufts University

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.7

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tufts University.

I've had two different positions within this company and each time there was a long lag time between submitting my resume and being contacted for an interview; but once I was interviewed the offers were swift. I was interviewed by someone from human resources and then the primary investigator. The person from human resources was great and the interview process went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions.   Answer Question
    I was told that the salary was non-negotiable, so I didn't try to negotiate (silly me!).

Senior Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tufts University in August 2014.

I applied through their website. Received a phone call about a week later and completed an in-person interview with human resources and with the two principal investigators of the study. I received a call a few hours after I left with an offer. I decided not to take the job because of the money they were offering. Overall very positive experience, great questions, very prepared.

Interview Questions
    • They presented me with all the challenges they were having on their research study and asked me how I would solve them.   Answer Question

Not the salary I wanted, offered me maximum for the position but I wanted something higher.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tufts University.

People were very nice, no difficult/unexpected questions

Camus Center Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tufts University.

Interview and hiring process were not extremely rigorous. Office is looking for motivated and flexible students, as hours are largely during the day at school and staff needs to be self starters. Interview was mostly about being able to fill openings throughout the day, and ability to move between positions in the office.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected. Be prepared to talk about yourself and justify why you're suited to work in an on-campus position.   Answer Question

Staff Psychologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tufts University.

Very thorough and detailed interview process with multiple staff and upper management. Required to demonstrate broad-based knowledge of psychology, standards of treatment, and issues related to higher education and college life.

Interview Questions
    • Clinical: dealing with an emergent situation that is clinically ambiguous regarding student risk.   View Answer
    Straightforward with some room to negotiate.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Apply PhD program, and is offered TA

no negotiation

Project Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tufts University.

I submitted a resume online and 2 weeks later had an in-person 30 minute interview. This interview was with one of the supervisors to which the position reported. Interview was as expected, lots of questions about how my past work experience matched the job description. I was given plenty of time to ask questions as well. From there HR asked for my references within 24 hours and I met with an HR rep to do paperwork. They do confirm your educational record and request transcripts. I had a verbal offer about 1 week after the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • All were about past work experiences and my background, nothing tricky. There were a few "tell me about a time when.."   Answer Question

I didn't think the title and pay matched the responsibilities. There were also some personal logistics around hours that weren't a great match.

Research Assistant Interview

Meet with professor in person, and discuss some fundamentals.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tufts University in January 2014.

Very fast interview process, interviewed by phone and then shortly thereafter asked for a in-person interview. Nice office, sort of friendly staff, neutral interviewers. Did not really describe job tasks, just asked me questions. Said they would get back to me either way-- never did. Will not be applying to this particular office of Tufts again. Thought the office was very monotone, which concerned me. Nice campus, close to Davis Sq. and cultural activities. Nice area.

Research Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tufts University.

Application through the job opportunities website at Tufts. Interview seemed a little rushed, like interviewer was less prepared than I was. Communication of the details of the interview was not great so I ended up having an interview with the lab director right after my interview with HR. I would recommend asking who you will be speaking with. Only one day of interviews was required and they called me the following Friday offering the job. They told me I only had 1 day to decide whether I wanted the job or not, and being a recent college grad I accepted even though I had other interviews lined up. I suggest you ask about a timeline for potential hires in case something like this happens and you are unsure whether you want to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • All very typical, but probably the most difficult: What do you have to offer that no one other candidate can offer?   View Answer