Tulane Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tulane Medical Center

Surgical Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Human resources worked really fast with me, I was called the next day and I did a phone interview and was promoted for my face to face interview in that same conversation

Interview Questions

• What surgeries are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center.

Interview

Long process - it took 8 months to get through the interview process. I met with many, many people and then was told the only one who made a decision was my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• None. All typical questions. They do the 360 group process with behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate on salary

Security Supervisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center (New Orleans, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied to an ad online. I was called by HR and an interview was scheduled. Before the interview a computer based application is completed. After HR interview (which went very well) I was sent to the Facilities Supervisor. This went very well also and I was told that with my qualifications there is a possibility that they could merge two positions at two facilities and make it a Manager position instead of a Supervisor position. This would put the salary within my range. After 5 months and numerous attempts at calling the Facilities Supervisor and the HR rep that I was given, I haven't recieved any return calls from anyone. This was in direct conflict with what the HR rep said. I was told that I would be kept informed even if I didn't get the position.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center in December 2013.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. From my first interaction with HR, through the entire process it was a disaster and very unprofessional. I was called the wrong first name on the phone by HR but then my travel arrangements were made by HR and they misspelled my name. When I arrived I could tell that the hiring manager was not interested in spending time with me and did not ask me any questions. That was a red flag right there. I appreciate the opportunity to interview and the learning experience it brings. however, i knew this was not the place for me. Multiple candidates interviewed on the same day and the interview process was never explained to me. I had to ask for an itinerary because no one even sent me one for the day of my interview. I was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Typical Questions.... How do you deal with a personality conflict was the hardest one I believe...   Answer Question

Access Manager Interview

Interview

interviewed with access director

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulane Medical Center in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was done on phone and within 2 weeks, I got the offer letter.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.