Tulane University

www.tulane.edu

Tulane University Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

the HR department takes a long time and filters out applications before hiring managers ever see them. Each department and job level varies greatly with the rounds of interviews. Try to send resume directly to hiring manager when possible.

non-existent

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tulane University.

I submitted my application online. Then I followed up by calling the chair of the department several times. Then I got an offer to come to the university to visit the department and faculty. During my visit, I made contact with one specific professor who wanted me to join his lab and it was through his contact that I was made an official offer later, which I accepted.

No negotiation.

Ph D Student Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Interview

Interviews were conducted on the phone and then over an entire day on campus

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions- typical grad school interview   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Three interviews. Bonus given

Other job offer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tulane University.

The hiring process began with networking to a friend who worked for the University. The friend provided a referral to the hiring office, and I subsequently completed my online application for the position. Received a call within 2 weeks and began the interview process from there.

First call was a screener with the office director, who then invited me to have a phone interview with two current employees (which occurred within a few days of my initial call). Call was very pleasant and conversation, with a bit of behavioral interview type questions. Followed up with in-person interviews, approximately 2 hours of interviews with three different groups of interviewers. Questions were fairly conversational with some behavioral questions again. Received an offer within a week of final interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you are interested in this specific position and how you think it might play a role in your long term career.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were limited since the budget was fixed for the salary, but fringe benefits were very attractive.

Lab Technician Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tulane University in September 2013.

Applied online and received e-mail to set up an interview with PI. The interview was very laid-back and didn't ask many questions but generally told me about their research. Gave me a tour of the lab facilities. Seemed a bit unorganized and like I was the first interview. Met with Professor who was very nice and then two post-docs.

Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tulane University.

I met with the guy that I would be the assistant to

Interview Questions
    • What else can you tell me about yourself.   View Answer
    there was none

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tulane University in June 2012.

I had 2 interviews, the first was with 2 managers. If they approve you, you'll meet with the executive director. The hiring process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • None, easy questions. They want to know what you're capable of doing, how you work with teammates, and your expectations.   Answer Question
    None took place. I took the highest listed offer.

Development Directory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tulane University in October 2010.

very good discussions and good interview process. Open discussion regarding salary range, and this was the limiting factor for this position. Benefits, work environment, all seemed positive, the salary just was not in the range needed to make it worthwhile. The education benefit is unbeatable, particularly if you have children who are a few years away from going to college. I believe the way it works is after two years employment, your dependents are eligible for free tuition coverage by the school and possibly free tuition at other reciprocating schools, though that is a little more difficult to work out (i.e. there needs to be a dependent of that school going to Tulane, then your dependent can go to that school.)

Interview Questions
    • What makes you interested in a career at Tulane?   Answer Question
    • How does your experience match and align with the requirements for this development position?   Answer Question

salary range too low

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tulane University in August 2009.

Applied through web page based on my good friend's recommendation. Very fast decision. They hold high standards for incoming graduate students. When I had troubles with visa, they helped me with the whole process and the office staff is amazing. Interview was based on my previous work experience. Doesn't dwell much on how much you can memorise. Rather, they focus more on fit.