Tulane University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.7

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Standard seminar on work followed by meeting with department members to discuss your and their work. Met with department chair to discuss the department and what was planned for the future.

Interview Questions

• Mainly bout the work you are doing. Asked about the courses that I would be interested and how many grants I could get.   Answer Question

Ph D Students Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulane University.

Interview

Interviewed with several professors and Asst. Dean on the same day. The questions ranged from my hobbies to research interest but it was more like a conversation which led me to believe that it was more about assessing my personality than my academic achievement. It of course depends a lot on the professor interviewing you.

Journeyman Plumber Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tulane University in May 2015.

Interview

It was very fast. The have somewhat good benefits but not the best it could be better. I really wanted the job but there's a big difference between what they want to pay to what they are supposed to pay. I was very shocked to hear what they wanted my start pay. You may get a raise once a year if you do a good job. Its a great starting out job if you are just getting started with the trade but if your a senior at this. Don't waste your time. Or ask him what is the pay rate before you go any further.

Interview Questions

• would I work for $15 an hour. what would it take for me to accept the job offer.   1 Answer

Not enough pay. I can't support my family on that kind of wage. I would be very surprised to see that position filled for that kind of pay. Helpers make that kind of pay. Not experienced plumbers that have been doing this trade for years.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Explain that you are willing to work, then fill out forms in the registrars office. It is important that you provide your tax forms, identification, such as passport, class schedule, and bank statement information. The above information is mandatory and it is especially important that all the information is accurate in order for your to receive payment. That is pretty much it in a nutshell. Very simple process.

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Interview

the HR department takes a long time and filters out applications before hiring managers ever see them. Each department and job level varies greatly with the rounds of interviews. Try to send resume directly to hiring manager when possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-existent

PhD Student Interview

Application

Interview

I submitted my application online. Then I followed up by calling the chair of the department several times. Then I got an offer to come to the university to visit the department and faculty. During my visit, I made contact with one specific professor who wanted me to join his lab and it was through his contact that I was made an official offer later, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Faculty Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was excruciatingly slow. Communication was poor all along. They demonstrated very limited interest for ideas and people coming from outside New Orleans. The organization seemed to have a stove pipe mentality. I know more about Tulane than many of the people I met. Some buildings were extremely outdated and in very poor condition.

Interview Questions

• They asked very few questions. I don't remember anyone specifically.   Answer Question

Interview

Interviews were conducted on the phone and then over an entire day on campus

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions- typical grad school interview   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Interview

Three interviews. Bonus given

Other job offer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The hiring process began with networking to a friend who worked for the University. The friend provided a referral to the hiring office, and I subsequently completed my online application for the position. Received a call within 2 weeks and began the interview process from there. First call was a screener with the office director, who then invited me to have a phone interview with two current employees (which occurred within a few days of my initial call). Call was very pleasant and conversation, with a bit of behavioral interview type questions. Followed up with in-person interviews, approximately 2 hours of interviews with three different groups of interviewers. Questions were fairly conversational with some behavioral questions again. Received an offer within a week of final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are interested in this specific position and how you think it might play a role in your long term career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were limited since the budget was fixed for the salary, but fringe benefits were very attractive.