Tumi

www.tumi.com

Tumi Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tumi in November 2013.

I found the job opening online at Indeed and applied online. They were opening a new store in my location. About three weeks later, I got a call from the Store Manager asking me to meet for an interview. The interview was easy and the usual, lasting about 30 minutes. It was more of an interview to see how we would mesh and work together. They asked me the usual questions such as, tell me about a time when... or what did you do when... If you have been working in retail long enough, these questions are the norm and easy.

After the interview, they had me hand fill out an application and sign a background check form. I would be getting an email to do my background check and a personality check that night. By the time I got home, the email was waiting for me. It didn't take more than ten minutes to finish the personality test.

I got a call about a few days later with the formal offer. A week after that, the store team met to do more paperwork and training.

I was able to negotiate my pay during the interview as the manager let me know they were very interested in me. They offered me a number and I asked what the highest pay was for the position and pushed for that. Given my experience and years in retail, they agreed to giving me the highest pay. If you know you are worth it, push for it.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tumi.

Initially contacted by the DM for an interview which was a little over an hour. I was given a lot of info about the company and the position and expectations. Specific questions are asked about your work history and background and it's a very thorough process to insure that you will meet the Company's selling standards and fit into the luxury culture. Brand integrity and client relations are essential. You must pass an assessment, a background check, have verifiable references and go through 2-4 interviews depending on the position you apply for.

Interview Questions
    • Just being able to present yourself as a polished professional with a strong selling background and a proven track record of driving sales. This was asked in a number of different questions in which scenarios were asked.   Answer Question
    This is a very generous company that recognizes and appreciates talent. They offer well above the expectation for all positions.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tumi.

HR called and then there were 5 rounds of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tumi in May 2013.

Interview is not that hard, but it took three weeks to process for me.
    At the beginning, store manager interviewed me first, after hearing from her decision.
    Then I was invited to do assessment test and background check. It took about one week and half. And then she invited me for third round interview to go over all the agreement.

Interview Questions
    • For this position, the interview actually was not that hard. What you need to present is your confidence. I pretended I was other Tumi shopper and helped to sell three luggages when I was waiting for store manager at store. Then she was unexpected for my performance at that time and said "that was a good interview!"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tumi.

Professional

Simple

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tumi.

The store manager had a guideline in which he went by directing the interview as a good interviewer wood.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tumi in January 2009.

the thing that was most difficult was the personality test. they try to trick you, so take your time, relax, and pay attention. I was told most fail the test, and cannot be hired.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tumi in June 2008.

The interview process for this position start with an interview with the store manager. If he/she likes you then you will have to take an assessment test. The test is just a standard test to check your personalities, it also has a few math questions. If you pass the test the you will have an interview with either the area manager or district manager. Then it's just the usual background check

Interview Questions
    • What is your best selling attribute? I.e. Are you good at greeting, selling benefits..   Answer Question