Turbine Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.8

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turbine (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick than I expected. The best HR process and the best and the most friendly people I've ever met. They respond fast and properly. They treat their candidates fair and nicely. I had 2 phone interviews (one with HR as usual first phone interviews and next one with art team) and then on-site interview. I was very impressed by all the people I met through the interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about personality and work. Mostly simple questions and some detailed questions about job, position, work process, thought process, etc.   Answer Question

Tech Ops Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Turbine.

Interview

Spoke with HR a few times and then had a few phone interviews. Was then asked to come in and interview. Interviewers mentioned some layoffs and I that should have been my RED FLAG but they offered me the job. Most all the work discussed during the interview never came to pass once I was employed there.

Negotiation

Pay and offer was good and/or adequate.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Turbine (Needham, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I got a call HR for the first phone interview, which she didn't know the exact job description then she mentioned that the company would split that position into two which are junior and senior level however I figured out she didn't know what she was saying after I've talked to 4 different people when I was there on site interview. HR told me that I would be invited for an on site interview, and would a call from her secretary later that day or the following day at least. I waited for her call, but she didn't then I had to remind HR that I haven't got any invitation yet the following day afternoon. Probably HR's secretary forgot to schedule it which has been a bummer for me. Then she emailed interview time around 5pm, I don't think she would me send me the invitation unless I remind her Anyway, I showed up the on time, someone took me to the conference room where I was supposed to meet with HR first, but she didn't show up so I waited 30 minutes there alone then somebody finally showed up which he wasn't supposed to according to the iteration. The technical people who I've talked with seem very cool people, the only weird thing is they never asked me a direct technical question. Most of the questions are related with how am I approaching a problem which I never understood how could they estimate my technical skill by asking those kind of questions. In addition, HR people do not give me good impression which I wouldn't consider their offer if they would.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turbine (Framingham, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

You have to interview with at least 4 people on your first interview. First by HR and then by people in the department you're trying for. The second guy who interviewed me told me about his unrequited love interest who worked under him previously. It was creepy.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if a man called in and talked down to you because you're a women"   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turbine (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was an internal candidate from another WB division interviewing for a job that I was ideally qualified for. The position was very similar to what I do in another division, the job title varied slightly. I had what I thought was a decent interview, it lasted almost two hours. I promptly sent a follow up Thank you or two to everyone involved, and not a single person responded. HR never responded. Based off of the questions I was asked and answered, I got the idea that people there were afraid of their merger into the Warner Brothers portfolio. They kept saying how corporate they weren't. I get it. Everyone thinks they're not corporate and can operate without defined policies. Also they seem to be actively avoiding aligning some of their infrastructure with Time Warner's as other divisons do. You are a software company that was about to go out of business so Warner Brothers bought you, guess what, it's coming boys. I know there are some pretty screwed up divisions at Warner Brothers / Time Warner, but I think this one takes the cake in terms of HR. If this is how they treat internal candidates, I'm glad I didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult experience you had to deal with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turbine (Needham, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got connected to Turbine via a recruiter. They got me in touch with HR and HR got me set up for an initial phone interview with the team's design director. After talking with him, I was asked to fill out their design application. I was flown in for a face-to-face interview with the team (1-3 people at a time). It was interesting meeting the whole team, but it gave me a good chance to know the type of people I'd be working with and the company I'd be working for. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company offers competitive salaries and good benefits. They also handle moving. There wasn't really much that needed negotiation.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turbine (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had one of the best and fairest interviews at Turbine. They gave a couple of programming tests, focused on your area of expertise. There is no right or wrong answer, but it really determines your level of knowledge and experience in those areas.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Difficulty was based on experience level.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Turbine (Norwood, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

Applied through Turbine's Website for a Job posting listed there, was contacted approximately 1 week later with a short phone interview, followed up with an email thank you, was asked in for a 2.5 hour on-site interview with several members of various QA teams, sent an email of thanks, was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It was a temporary position for which the terms of employment were very clearly laid out at the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turbine in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process was well thought out and organized. Interviewers asked good questions that showed that they were competent and were looking for real industry experience. They did not ask stupid scripted questions. I would have joined this company, except the other offer that I got was too good to pass up.

Interview Questions

• They asked in-depth questions on Vertica database, which would be difficult for some candidates.   Answer Question

The competing offer from another company was too sweet.