Turkey Hill Minit Markets

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

1.8

Sales Associate and Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets.

It was a very laid-back environment. I was asked basic questions about my education and work history. I was then asked about my people skills, my working pace, and if I could lift 40 pounds. A few more basic questions and the manager offered me a position. They then gave me a drug test and a complementary drink.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was the drug test they gave me after the interview.   View Answer
    Nonexistant

Assistant Manager Interview

Standard hiring, interview process. Background check & drug test required.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets.

Filled out application and personally gave it to the DM. He lost it, so I filled out another one. Did their drug test, filled out I9 and was hired. Went to a class/training. Was told about how wonderful this company was. And advancement is rapid....lies.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions was can I tell the difference in people's ages 17-30. This was for selling tobacco products.   Answer Question
    Since I had business background, I was offered $7.50 to start.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets.

I applied for a General Manager position. After two to three months of trying to contact HR about setting up an interview, I went to a job fair. At that job fair I met Vince and asked him why I hadn't been called with my over 10 years retail management experience. We set up an interview a week later. The interviewer couldn't make it....while I was 20 minutes early. Rescheduled. I show up to the rescheduled interview, again, 20 minutes early. AGAIN, the interviewer couldn't make it. Reschedule. Third time's a charm. I'm 10 minutes early (didn't want to give so much of my time to a chance they wouldn't show up.)....Interviewer is 10 minutes late. Quick, pointless interview. The same questions I was told to ask new, entry level employees is what they asked me. I was drug tested and background tested on the spot. Next week I get a call. They "lost" my tests. I came back and gave another one. They called me the next week. It took too long in the mail because of a holiday. Test number three went through.

Interview Questions
    • None. You'd have to be a moron to not be able to get hired here.   Answer Question
    They start management at $13/hr for training. They say "you'll start your management training in about two weeks." It took them 8 weeks to start mine. From what I've heard from other managers, that's about the norm. The management training program is only 6 weeks however.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets.

had 2 interviews at a job fair for Kroger and was very professional, didn't know it was for turkey hill minute markets till the 2nd interview. There were multiple individuals whom were under the same assumptions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Hill, PA

2 interviews mine was not professional at all

Interview Questions
    • how many times is it ok to take something without paying for it? duh   View Answer
    there is no negotiating with turkey hill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bushkill, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets in October 2012.

This was a group interview, there was about 6 or 7 in the office. The job was explained to us. I went on the interview before Hurricane Sandy October 26th, and was not hired until January. It takes a while before they check you out and decide if you are a valuable employee.

Interview Questions
    • The expectations of Turkey Hill for their employees are numerous, however the pay does not match the job.   Answer Question
    Once you are accepted by Turkey Hill you are given the job. But starting pay is low $7.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bushkill, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets in October 2012.

It was a group interview, about 5 to 8 in a tiny room. They explained the job and you had to have a drug test, a mouth swab. It wasn't much of an interview.

there is no negotiation, you get 25 cents over minimum wage.

District Advisor In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagleville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagleville, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets in August 2010.

Very vanilla interview. Asked very basic questions. Told me he would report back to his boss and if I received a call back that I would move forward.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets in August 2009.

I had a very thorough interview. It was at least an hour. I learned a lot from my manager which made it very easy and felt I was already part of the Turkey Hill Family.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any difficult question. Just be honest and yourself   Answer Question