Turkey Hill Minit Markets Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate and Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets.

Interview

It was a very laid-back environment. I was asked basic questions about my education and work history. I was then asked about my people skills, my working pace, and if I could lift 40 pounds. A few more basic questions and the manager offered me a position. They then gave me a drug test and a complementary drink.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was the drug test they gave me after the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistant

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets (Middletown, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back, went in and was hired on the spot (Hiring manager was a bit spazy), took a drug test and filled out some paper work, waited for the results and then went to a class

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold tobacco products before?   1 Answer

Sales Associate and Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets (Columbus, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

my manager was a pervert. HE consistently used sexual innuendos and sexual implications the whole time. there was a very small, messy office we talked in and we were constantly interrupted by workers who were just being nosey. he asked me about 4 core questions and i was given my consent to do a background search and then called in for a drug test

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Standard hiring, interview process. Background check & drug test required.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets.

Interview

Filled out application and personally gave it to the DM. He lost it, so I filled out another one. Did their drug test, filled out I9 and was hired. Went to a class/training. Was told about how wonderful this company was. And advancement is rapid....lies.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions was can I tell the difference in people's ages 17-30. This was for selling tobacco products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I had business background, I was offered $7.50 to start.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

I applied for a General Manager position. After two to three months of trying to contact HR about setting up an interview, I went to a job fair. At that job fair I met Vince and asked him why I hadn't been called with my over 10 years retail management experience. We set up an interview a week later. The interviewer couldn't make it....while I was 20 minutes early. Rescheduled. I show up to the rescheduled interview, again, 20 minutes early. AGAIN, the interviewer couldn't make it. Reschedule. Third time's a charm. I'm 10 minutes early (didn't want to give so much of my time to a chance they wouldn't show up.)....Interviewer is 10 minutes late. Quick, pointless interview. The same questions I was told to ask new, entry level employees is what they asked me. I was drug tested and background tested on the spot. Next week I get a call. They "lost" my tests. I came back and gave another one. They called me the next week. It took too long in the mail because of a holiday. Test number three went through.

Interview Questions

• None. You'd have to be a moron to not be able to get hired here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start management at $13/hr for training. They say "you'll start your management training in about two weeks." It took them 8 weeks to start mine. From what I've heard from other managers, that's about the norm. The management training program is only 6 weeks however.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets.

Interview

had 2 interviews at a job fair for Kroger and was very professional, didn't know it was for turkey hill minute markets till the 2nd interview. There were multiple individuals whom were under the same assumptions.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets (Lancaster, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Meet at a College with a recruiter, contacted several times. Interviewed and on 3-4 occasions. After going back and forth for almost two months. A lot of the interview question were the same. They advised me of the training schedule. And took several weeks to contact me. I had to continue calling to get the position.

Interview Questions

• Is your work schedule flexible?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Hill, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets (Red Hill, PA).

Interview

2 interviews mine was not professional at all

Interview Questions

• how many times is it ok to take something without paying for it? duh   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiating with turkey hill

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bushkill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turkey Hill Minit Markets (Bushkill, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

This was a group interview, there was about 6 or 7 in the office. The job was explained to us. I went on the interview before Hurricane Sandy October 26th, and was not hired until January. It takes a while before they check you out and decide if you are a valuable employee.

Interview Questions

• The expectations of Turkey Hill for their employees are numerous, however the pay does not match the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once you are accepted by Turkey Hill you are given the job. But starting pay is low $7.50